[OSCAR/3]

tw: animal abuse

     I twitched my ear, my paws crossed elegantly as my owner's strong hand pushed through my fresh, clean coat. A purr rose out of my mouth as I turned an ear to earn another scratch there. A loud crash made me jump, eyes widening at what it could possibly be.

     My female owner stomped towards the male, pressing her finger on his chest with sudden, noisy, and furious sounds, making me scurry away, looking for a place to hide. When she couldn't express enough anger on him, she turned on me, so I avoided my den whenever this happened.

     I hopped onto the counter, my gaze turning around to find a window that was cracked open to let a cool breeze flow in, making me sigh as I slinked out, ears being pinned down as the harsh wind battered my side. I dropped onto the ground, shuddering as the grass poked my paws.

     "Oh, so Mr. Pampered is finally getting let out of his cage?" A voice made me jump, making me turn around.

     "As if you would know what living feels like, Halo." I sneered, flexing my unsheathed, smooth claws that had just been trimmed. A white-furred tom rested on a wall, his amber eyes freckled with amusement. His fur was aligned and he smelled like the forest, scent stinging my nostrils. A bright red collar was hung on his neck, hanging down as if it was too big for him.

     "Have you ever felt the wind run through your fur? The leaves landing upon your pelt? The only "living" you've ever experienced is water splashing you when your owners dunk you in water." Halo just rolled his eyes, springing off the fence and prancing towards me. I bristled, shrinking away with a short hiss.

     "Don't get your mangy fur near me!" I screeched, crouching down as he circled me, inhaling with a sharp cough.

     "You smell terrible. What did you get into?" He raised himself up, making me wince at his obnoxious scent. He had obviously gone adventuring into the other territory, although he still got fed a ton by his owners... He didn't deserve getting fed by them.

     "Well, my owners actually care about me. They don't let me wander off into that... stinky territory like your owners do!" I sniffled angrily, glaring at him. He tugged at my collar slightly, making me jump away. "Don't get anywhere near me!"

     "You're owners are just taunting you, putting those silver, sparkly things all over your collar where you can't reach them. Besides, if you don't like the outside, why're you out here?" His gaze drifted down to my collar, eyes gleaming.

     "I'm allowed to go out onto my property and get fresh air." I whipped around, flicking my tail in front of his face to dismiss him, but he just jumped next to me, making me hiss.

     "I thought you only wanted things your owners got you." He groomed his paws before slashing a paw down my side weakly, making me yowl furiously.

     "You got your wet paws all over my pelt..." I glared at him, feeling the stinging of spit being pressed onto my fur and dripping onto the grass. "Now everything my owners did went to waste and I'll need to clean my pelt again, you- you- you mangy furball!"

     "Don't claw all your fur off, kitty." A purr was released from him as he darted forwards, jumping upon the fence in a swift hop.

     Rolling my eyes, I waited for him to hop off, although he just waited, tail wrapped around his paws. "You coming?" He meowed, waiting for me. I turned my head away from my den, shivering. I didn't want to go back inside yet, but who knows where he would take me? I may never come back.

     "Why should I come? You're a dirty, scummy cat with no brains." Turning my head towards him, I sat down, wondering why he could possibly want me to come with him considering he bothered me every single time I came out.