[OSCAR/6]

I kept my tail tucked in, watching Halo leap across the dirty path, biting my tongue. He let out an amused chuckle, sweeping his tail to beckon me forwards. "Just like that, sweetheart. Come on now, don't be shy."

     Gripping the ground, I took a huge intake of air and vaulted myself over, skidding onto the ground. Halo took my collar, dragging me over, making me start to choke as I tried to pull myself away.

     "Don't touch me!" I hissed, digging my claws into his fur, to which he let out an amused purr. He swatted at me, making me jump back with a pained yowl as my side started to burn. My fur pricked up as I winced, crouching down as Halo sneered.

     "You really are a Softtalon, Ossy." He purred, sweeping his tail around to beckon my onwards. I stumbled up, following him with my head dipped as I tried to ignore the throbbing pain that resided in my skin. I tried to muster atleast a soft hiss at the nickname, but my head dropped down, despite my resistance.

     A couple of leaps forwards and there we were-- thick, overgrown trees and shrubs with lanky branches towering above us, threatening to drop. Sunlight evaporating as we padded farther in, leaving us alone in the chilly dark of the shaded forest.

     "I can't do this." Although, my words were dismissed by Halo as he just pressed me forwards with his tail brushing against my collar, prompting me forwards. I felt myself filling with unexpressionable anger, but I allowed him to keep pushing me onwards.

     "Now, Ossy, I want to teach you how to catch something every so often out here. Sounds good, eh?" He purred, leaping across the dirt floor, wiggling his tail playfully. I clenched my teeth, shying away.

     "Why do you care so much, huh?" A growl, a small one, but, nevertheless, a growl, came from my throat. He seemed completely unaffected, amused at best, shaking off the comment with a flick of his tail.

     "Now, don't tell Kiwi, but I'm not just doing this for Amber and her... I care about you, Oscar, and I don't want you starving because I can't help you. Because of my own selfish agenda. Now, come on... place your talons just like this--... what?" He stretched up, assumingly because of the astonishment I displayed.

      "Nothing, nothing. Go on." I watched him slide down, mimicking him over and over, just like those pink, magenta mice would swing above me with their chipped, orange eyes, and stringy tail over and over.

     Following his paws, watching his tail, pricking my ears, inhaling to pick up a scent, which, for once, was not musty kibble. All of it was new-- but I tried my best. I tried to impress him. For him to know that I cared about Amber and all of this.

     He gently nudged me over to the side, motioning with his tail towards a cluster of bushes. I frowned, wondering what would possibly be in there. Halo shuffled forwards, making little sound, his tail stuck out and hind legs bunched up, ready to pounce upon something... someone...

     One moment he was crawling forwards, the next flying through the air. If I had so much as blinked, I would have missed the action. I heard a soft crunch, making me jump as he rose out of the bush, sprawling out of it and starting towards me.

     He leaned down to drop a plump wood mouse, shaking his ears out, the small tufts inside his ear bouncing around. "Come on, eat up sweetheart." He leaned down to nip at the mouse, and I watched in clear horror and disgust, my ears pinned back against my head. The mouse opened up, the insides spilling out.

     "Disgusting. Horrendous. I am never going to eat that rotten piece of-- urgh!" I spat out, unable to face it, to see the guts swimming around in the pool of blood. I couldn't help but look one more time, seeing Halo bending down, feasting upon the catch.