FERNKIT/TRAITOR/16

TRAITOR

     My paws shifted under me as I slunk forwards, approaching him. He had seen me, seen me with Cloudpaw right before. I couldn't afford any slip-ups, and neither could him. For an instant, my paws nearly took me away. I forced them back onto the path into his closed off den.

     I had convinced that weird medicine cat to move him. Thankfully, she was just tired enough that she woozily accepted. As soon as my pawsteps hit the ground, I glared at the black-furred tom, narrowing my eyes.

    "...you're here," He whispered the first phrase, dipping his head down. I curled my tail over my paws, looking down upon the tom solemnly. I doubted he would attempt to fight back, but I had to move him, so incase he let out a yowl, nobody would hear.

    "I am. You know what this means, don't you?" I meowed, glancing down at him, before looking away. I could feel my heart pound, my tail curling around my paws. He slowly nodded, a loud sigh emitted from him. 

     "You know I don't want to do this, r...right?" My words became wobbly. He was staring directly at me, so I turned my head away. I couldn't face him.

     "If it is the era of my death, I want you to face me like a true warrior. I really hope you're doing this for the clan," He murmured. My tail twitched as I took a pawstep away.

     "Of course not," I murmured, "you know this isn't good for the clan." I swallowed, shaking my head. No talking. I must finish the job.

     "Yes... please, take care of my little apprentices. I never meant to hurt them, but I know I did. Especially Fernpaw... now, make it quick," Crowcatcher looked down, "..please..."

     My breath got caught in my throat, my paws freezing before he looked up, locking me in a stare. Unwillingly, my claws unsheathed themselves. I bounded forwards, sinking upon the weeping father, teeth pushing into his neck.

     I kept him in place with my claws, feeling him start to wriggle uncontrollably, letting out wails of pain and desperation. My teeth kept pressing down, and I felt blood slowly slip through my teeth and into my mouth as I pressed down.

     His eyes opened once more, widening, before I twisted it, feeling bones slowly break beneath my teeth as I twisted his head. I stumbled off, my head swerving around violently. Where, where, where-- ...there.

    I dove towards the ground, swiping up the moss. My paws tripped over each other before I gently pressed the moss onto his wound.

     He will not be amused.

______________________________

FERNPAW

     I watched Doepaw twitched, her anxiety yet to be eased, as I spoke softly and calmly. "Doepaw... I'm sure it'll be fine. I know the competition is coming up, and everyone is still hurt, and Maplestar and Ghostsight are gone; but don't worry! They are getting better, and can move around more..."

     "I don't know, Fer. We still have a traitor in our clan, who could be off killing cats right now!" She whimpered, clutching the ground. I chuckled with a purr, rolling into her.

     "You're starting to sound like me, Doeeeee~...but, hey, seriously, do not worry about it. At all. What are the chances another cat would... die?" I whispered, slowly picking out ticks from her pelt. She winced, letting out an unsatisfied sigh. I raised my head up to give her cheek a comforting lick.

     "We should go check up on Berrypaw. He's helping Hailstep and Acorntail tend to the injured... and mom's helping as well," I chuckled, giving her another small lick on the head before dashing off, tail waving behind me, caught in the wind.