[OSCAR/12]

"Wake up, sleepy head!" A rather rude huff awoke from my important sleep. I opened a small eye, my annoyance growing quite rapidly. I rose myself up, annoyance slipping away as I glanced around the kitchen. It was so early, light was barely coming in through the open hole in the wall. Until I realized that was where the voice was coming from.

     "Stop hiding, mangy furball," I hissed, watching a red head poke its way through the open hole. I glared at her, helping myself up to my paws before jumping onto the high platform above that led towards the window. I ran towards the stupid furball in front of me, slapping her lightly across the ear.

     "Owwwww... you youngsters really love violence now!" She yelped with a rather sarcastic and angry tone. I huffed, straightening up, looking in dismay towards her stomach.

     "How much have your owners... been feeding you, Kiwi?" I meowed nervously, watching her shift onto her side.

     "Got any complains about it, Os?" Kiwi purred, using her tail to gester me outside. I hadn't seen her in a quite a while... now that I thought about it...

     "What are you doing out of your yard, Kiwi?" I glanced away, wondering how she had even made it here with all of 'that' on her. She chuckled heartily, rolling her eyes.

     "Well, Halo came to talk to me. At first, I thought, oh, another love trial for the daring white rat that always shows up in my territory? Maybe, maybe, I never know what you youngsters are thinking. He did seem pretty irrational with his offers, anyways.." She trailed off, while I had pretty much stopped listening after the word 'Halo'.

     "'Daring white rat', hm? Where is he?"

     She let out an exhausted groan. "Enough with you all thinking I'm an omniscient beast, which I wish I was," she winked, "seeing as you all believe I contain the knowledge of the world and beyond."

     "Get home safe, Kiwi. Who knows, a dog might end up finding you as a delicious morning snack if you stay any longer. I'm off," I hissed coldly, leaving her groaning and sighing behind me as my paws took me into my yard. I pushed all my weight onto my haunches before leaping up, balancing on the fence before jumping off.

     Where is that annoying fur-brain? I hissed, ducking my head low as I followed the side of the gravel path, retracing my steps from nights before until I found the same hole in the bottom of the fence. "Halo!" I yowled loudly, stretching out my jowls.

     A loud hiss came from deep inside the hole before a cat sped out of it, facing towards me with a rather alarmed and unsettled look on their face. "Ah, there you are, ugly creature. 'Daring white rat', as some may put it..." I chuckled, watching his alarmed expression shift into exasperation. His fur was stuck up everywhere, little patches missing in some spots, and he looked more famished then before.

     "What do you want?" He growled, before he shifted his weight onto his other paw, rethinking his words. "... I take it you talked with Kiwi?"

     "I stopped listening after a couple of words. She told me that I should see you or whatever," I meowed, looking at him quizzically as he seemed deep in thought.

     "Hmmm... good, yes... Come along, and hurry," He hissed. "It seems we must start sooner then expected. Just make sure you head on back."

     He was speaking gibberish, uncoherant mumbling that didn't register in my ears, even if it was rather loud mumbling. "What?"

     "Follow me. Did you get a good night's sleep?" He tilted his head towards me, and I felt my ears prick up. Wouldn't you like to know? Because, no, I didn't Halo! My one owner left, and he hasn't returned. My other owner always tries to grab me and put me in that ratty, stinky box. She never feeds me. Or gives me water. She grabs me and pushes me around! So, wouldn't you like to know if I got a good night's sleep? Wouldn't you?