Ch. 8 Lunch Date

This one's a short one because I had to cut it in half! But that just means the next one will be up sooner! :)
~'~'~'~

Angela sat with Juice at the picnic tables in front of the SAMCRO clubhouse. He'd enticed her to meet him there for lunch with the promise of a fresh deli sandwich he'd picked up just for her. Really, it was just an excuse for them to spend time together. She had a feeling he was buttering her up to tell her some bad news, and she was waiting for him to drop the bomb. He looked particularly sexy in his TM work shirt with the sleeves rolled up. His hands were pristinely clean, but she could see streaks of grease on his arms. She had a feeling he'd taken great pains to wash his hands clean of any grease, even going so far to scrape underneath his fingernails. He was obsessed with having clean hands before eating. He took a long pull of his beer before clearing his throat. "So...I gotta head up to Indian Hills tonight on a run," he said, already grimacing.

She sighed; she'd seen that one coming a mile away. "Where's that?"

"Nevada," he muttered guiltily. "Me and Tig are driving up some...items."

Angela frowned in response; so it was going to be a long trip. She grabbed a Sweet Maui Onion chip from the lilac bag on the table, trying not to be annoyed with him. "Lovely. How long will you be there?"

"Few days," he answered, cringing as he said it. He must've caught her disappointment because he immediately followed his answer with an apology. "I'm sorry, Angel."

She fought the urge to roll her eyes; he was starting to sound like a broken record with all of his 'sorry's'. They weren't necessary. She'd known what she was getting into when they got together. All of his 'sorry's' just made it seem like he'd done something wrong when really it was just the club that was fucking up their time together. It was out of his control for the most part. " 's fine. I got Lino's wedding this weekend anyway."

Juice ran a hand over his face. "Shit, that's this weekend?"

"Yeah. My dress just came in actually," she said already knowing the cut and style would drive him wild. "If you're lucky, I'll try it on for you."

His eyes lit up at offer, a huge smile spreading across her face. "Oh yeah?"

"Uh-huh, just have to come home early enough," she said, leaning teasingly over the table. She knew it gave him a good view of her cleavage, and he unabashedly looked his fill.

He bit his lip, shaking his head at her. "Killin' me smalls," he muttered on a smirk. She winked at him, leaning back and taking a bite of her sandwich. It was a perfectly made turkey sandwich with the sourdough bread still fresh and crunchy and some avocado. He smiled proudly as she did a little dance in her seat at how good it tasted. "That what you wanted?"

With her mouth full of sandwich she nodded emphatically, loving how proud he was that he got her order right without asking. She swallowed her bite, leaning over to kiss him quickly. "Thanks, baby," she replied just as Tara pulled in with her Cutlass.

Jax ambled over to the doctor with his usual swagger. It was cute the way they flirted with each other, Angela thought as she watched them, slightly amused. Gemma drove in with her Cadillac, honking her horn and interrupting their flirtation. "Oof. That can't be good," she commented to Juice.

Juice chuckled, watching the exchange with slight interest. "Least she's not focusing on you," he pointed out. They both watched as Jax dipped his head into his mom's car to kiss her before turning and kissing Tara on the cheek, his hand lingering on the doctor's hip in a surprisingly intimate kind of way.

"That's new," Angela replied, eyebrows raised, her eyes on Jax as he walked away from Tara and towards his bike leaving Tara with Gemma. Without a word, the doctor walked towards the garage bays to meet with Lloyd, ignoring the older woman. Angela couldn't help but smirk at the action knowing it had to annoy Gemma. She leaned towards Juice again. "Looks like he's making some headway with her. Jax going on your run too?"