Ch. 12 Worth It

Cherry looked at the younger son driving the big truck. He hadn't loved her jumping in the truck with him, but she was insistent, and he was so eager to get home, he gave up fighting and told her to get in and shut up. She didn't care; she was just glad he didn't physically push her out. She knew a lot of the other Sons would've gotten physical, but he'd kept his hands to himself. Hell, he'd kept to himself the whole week he'd been at Indian Hills. He was one of the younger Sons. Attractive in a boyish way with a killer smile she'd only caught crossing his face when he was looking at his phone. The newly re-branded Indian Hills charter had quite the selection of women escorts, and she'd seen a lot of them bat their eyelashes and push their cleavage in the guy's face, but he always stepped around them. He went to the little guest dorm room, locked the door, and stayed in there until the next morning when he'd walk out looking freshly showered and well shaved. He was probably the cleanest biker she'd ever seen walk through the clubhouse doors. His room was always pristine even though the girls were supposed to be the ones to clean and maintain it; he always turned down the service, saying it wasn't needed. "You gay?" she asked, breaking the hour long silence.

Juice's brows furrowed, and he looked over at her like she was crazy. "What?"

"I saw those girls shakin' their tits at you. You didn't touch a single one. You didn't even look at 'em," she pointed out, watching his shoulders tense. "I mean, it's fine if you are...would make a lot a sense."

" 'm not gay. I've got a girl back home," he replied, shrugging a shoulder. "Not that its any of your business."

"Lotta guys that roll through there have Old Ladies. Think you're the first not to use the run rule. You scared a her or somethin'?"

Juice smirked as he shook his head. "Nah, I just...love her. Why fuck that up for some stupid one night stand? Doesn't make any sense. Those girls aren't even close to the one I got waiting for me."

Cherry could tell he was being honest, and she couldn't help but smile. She shifted in her seat so she was facing him better. "Wow. Lucky girl," she stated, hoping someday she could find that kind of loyalty with a man.  "So how'd you two meet?"

She listened to him detail their relationship. The ups, the downs, and everything in between. She knew he was leaving certain things out, but the way he was gushing about this 'Angel' chick was heartwarming and rare as hell, especially for a club member. Even the SAMCRO President strayed from his Old Lady, and she was a legendary bitch. Cherry had never seen the so-called "Queen of SAMCRO", but she'd heard the stories. She'd been shocked when Clay had gestured for her to come over as she was talking to Kip. Had hated every minute she was with the gross old man. Once he was done, which, thankfully was quick, she'd gone to the nearest bathroom and brushed her teeth twenty times.

She'd wanted Kip the second she'd laid eyes on him. He was kind to her, and she found herself slipping into the dream of earning the title of Old Lady and the respect that would come with it once he got his full patch. "So she's your Old Lady?"

"Angel's not big on titles, especially club shit," he answered on a grimace. "She's my girl. We're kinda leavin' it at that."

"That's stupid," she muttered, shaking her head. She'd jump at the chance to be called an Old Lady. To have someone claim her like that.

Juice shrugged a shoulder. "Not really. Just want our shit to be separate from club shit."

"That's stupid," she repeated. Club shit was a part of all club members' lives. To think it could be separated even a little bit was ridiculous. At some point, the edges would blur and this Angel chick was going to get a rude awakening. "Is that what she said?"

"Not really. Kinda assumin' it just based off knowin' her for so long...and the way she cringes every time someone says 'Old Lady'."

Cherry shook her head as she wrinkled her nose. "She should be proud a that shit. If she's above being a part of the club like some snotty bitch, then y'all are gonna have a lot bigger problems than her not liking that title."