Ch. 13 Challenge Accepted

A little bit of light smut below. You've been warned.
💋
~'~'~'~

Angela was sitting at her desk in the funeral home working on filling out some death certificates and placing some supply orders. It'd been a long day filled with appointments and embalmings. That paired with how late she'd stayed up with Juice the night before, had her exhausted and ready to go home. Skeeter walked in looking a little out of breath. "Angie, hon, you mind doin' a pick up at the hospital before you go home? I got a pick up outta town and our removal service don't got enough people. Know its late 'n' all, but it'd help me out a lot. Just put in for the overtime or whatever."

There was no way she'd charge him for her overtime. Skeeter was the easiest boss in the world, always amenable to her weird schedule or her being out on injury or for a lockdown. As long as he stayed flexible, so could she. "Sure thing. No overtime necessary," she said on a smile, feeling better when she saw the look of relief on his face; he couldn't really afford to pay her overtime. Calling up the hospital, she confirmed the body was there and grabbed the car keys. She twirled them around her finger as she headed to the big white van.

She nodded a greeting to the nurses, swiping her key card in the elevator to get access to the lower level of the hospital. She was glad the body had already been moved to the morgue, and she didn't need to deal with a grieving family; she was in a good mood and didn't need anyone putting a damper on it.

Angela stopped short at the door of the morgue, raising an eyebrow as she saw Clay, Jax, and Tig inside. They had one of the trays pulled out and were looking at the old bones that had been found off the roadway. She tapped on the window, fighting a smirk at the way they all jumped. Jax opened it just slightly, eyebrows raised. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"My job. What are you doing here?" she asked, amused as Jax processed what she'd said. Clearly, he'd forgotten what she did for a living.

"Right," he said on a breath, stepping back to let her in. "Don't worry about what we're doin'."

She didn't mind his evasive answer; she had a feeling it was better she didn't know. She nodded her greeting to Tig and Clay. "Gentlemen," she said, her eyes falling on the skeleton they had pulled out. "Need help with something?"

"Nah, we're good here," Clay replied before turning to the other two, eyebrows raised. "You two went through all that trouble to get an ID card when we coulda just asked her?"

"Didn't think of that. Woulda saved us from scarring some nurses, that's for sure," Jax put in on a smirk. "We got what we needed. Gonna get outta your hair 'fore Tig breaks somethin'."

"Or bangs it," Clay put in under his breath.

Angela heard the comment and wrinkled her nose. "I don't want to know," she muttered before maneuvering her gurney towards the drawers. She checked the name on her form before grabbing a pair of gloves and pointing at the drawer behind Tig. "That's my body."

"I got it," he said, opening the drawer while she moved the gurney in place. Tig expertly helped her move the decedent from the tray to the gurney. "There you go, doll."

"Thanks, Tiggy," she said, patting his shoulder. She covered the body bag with her fancy red cover and strapped the body down to the gurney. "I'll leave you guys to whatever it was you were doing...and I'm going to pretend I didn't see anyone down here."

"Thanks, sweetheart," Clay replied with a solemn nod of his head as he squeezed her shoulder. "Good lookin' out."

She walked out quickly, getting into the elevator and heading to her van. She didn't want to look like she'd gone there with them or that she'd let them in, so she did her best to act nonchalant. She would've let them in if they'd asked, of course, but she didn't want to incriminate herself unnecessarily. She was curious what the hell they'd wanted with those bones, though.