one

Quick note: This is NOT a human!au, they're still na'vi!
——

"You're a bad driver!", Kiri's loud voice echoed from the backseats as she tried to overpower the unbearably loud music blasting through her ears. With Lo'ak always winning the race to the passenger seat, the song choice automatically belonged to him. His taste, on the other hand, was more than abysmal.

And if that wasn't enough to make her cranky this early in the morning, Neteyam's driving also made her feel like she was on a trip to a theme park of some sort; first she gets shoved all the way to the left window, and then immediately after that she finds her face squished on the glass of the other. In addition, every time they came to a red light, she could briefly see her life flashing before her wide-open eyes. When Neteyam slams on the brakes suddenly and forcefully moments before they would have collided with the car in front, the girl's heart feels like it will spring out of her chest.
A rollercoaster of both physical and emotional abuse, she always tells him.

"Be thankful that I can drive at all and that you don't have to take the bus!", the oldest brother shouted back as he glanced up into the mirror, meeting Kiri's unbothered gaze. "We're already here anyways", Neteyam quickly added just as he pulled into one of the free parking spots with an unnecessarily aggressive turning of the steering wheel. His siblings praised Eywa in silence for keeping them in their seatbelts and preventing them from unintentionally flying out the windows. That was how erratic their older brother was behind the wheel.

Before exiting his own car, which he received as a gift for turning 18 last month, Neteyam turned the keys and took them out with a smile on his face. His father selected the vehicle; a gleaming black Jeep. And to everyone's surprise, it hadn't even sustained a single scratch.
As they entered the building, he quickly snatched his backpack from Lo'ak's hands and slung it over one of his shoulders before jokingly smacking his brother on the head. They were immediately overcome by an oddly potent aroma of new books and recently watered plants.

Even though Neteyam seemed fearless and quite excited, behind his perfect-big-brother role, he still felt a pinch of panic flooding his brain and hurrying to his heart, causing it to fasten its beats. The boy tried his best not to let the negative thoughts overpower the optimism in his mind.
"Let's go, Kiri, we don't want to be late", the 18-year-old exclaimed while waving his brother goodbye and stumbling in the opposite direction of Lo'ak. Since him and Kiri were in the same year, they had a lot of classes together.

Neteyam glanced down at her as a few other students pushed their way through the crowded hallway, everyone having different places to be. The boy knew his sister well enough to notice her being quite anxious and overwhelmed with this situation; she couldn't stop fidgeting with her fingers or biting her bottom lip. And honestly, he totally understood and related to the girl's feelings.
Adjusting to a completely new life in a strange city and school was never easy. Not to mention the agonizing pain in their chests caused by having to say goodbye to their old friends and memories.

"Cheer up, Kiri. I'm sure everything will be fine", the boy smiled softly as he placed his large palm on the back of his sister's head and ruffled her short hair.
She chuckled in response before darting her eyes between the lockers. "Yeah, we only have one year left anyways, and then we're finally free!", the girl added in delight before she finally found her number. The siblings were surprised to find that their lockers were only two other lockers apart, making it much simpler to check in on one another and avoid getting lost in the maze of those numerous stifling halls.

Immediately the loud and unsettling bell started to ring in the na'vi's ears, alerting them that it was time to go to class just as Neteyam threw in a few last tiny items.

The siblings promptly carried on to their first period, which turned out to be math, without paying the lockers any further notice.
Neteyam lightly shook his head as the two entered the room and began looking for open seats, possibly right next to each other.
Considering that the boy hated sitting in the last row, he couldn't help but groan at the sight of the last four available desks being at the very back. "Great..", he thought.

Despite his hopes that nothing could spoil this wonderful day, Neteyam was now forced to sit where the stupid and uneducated people always sat. That was at least how he felt about it at their last school. Sitting in the back meant less attention from teachers, leading to inattentive behavior. He once witnessed someone eating pasta while watching a movie, and no one seemed to care. From this day on, Neteyam swore to always sit at the very front and to never miss out on one word that the teachers were saying.
Due to his need to attend a good and popular college after observing high school, the boy urgently needed to keep up his incredible grades. His hard work really pays off, as he's been at the top of the class and a straight-A student for every single one of the past years.

"Don't worry, Neteyam; just make sure to be especially early for the next class", Kiri advised her brother as she flopped herself onto one of the chairs and began taking her needed book and pencil case out.
Neteyam sighed deeply before copying her and emptying his backpack. "I guess you're right..", he muttered in response. The second the students had prepared everything, all while yawning and stretching, a quite young man with a rather serious expression entered the room. Everywhere except the middle of his hair was shaved, and there appeared to be four braids hanging down on the left side of his face. The man thudded his heavy-looking bag onto the teacher's desk and quickly pulled out some chalk that matched the color of his clean shirt.

"My name is Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan; some of you already know me. It's Mr. Tsu'tey for you pricks", he explained in a loud and urgent tone while writing his name on the blackboard.

Neteyam's spine slightly shuddered at the ominous aura that seemed to encircle his new teacher. He dared to give his sister, who was already staring back at him in horror, a short glance.

Suddenly, two teal boys came walking through the door, grabbing everyone's attention as they entered.
"Ao'nung, Rotxo, you're late..as always", the man spoke out firmly after sighing, not even pausing his writing on the board to see who had just interrupted the lesson. This apparently happened before, and based on the evidence, it most likely won't be the last time either.
"Yeah, whatever..", one of the guys, who had most of his curly hair wrapped in a bun, muttered while trotting to the back with lazy steps. The boys let themselves fall onto the two last free chairs right next to the Sully children, not caring to take out their books and rather enjoying the time on their phones.

"Psst.. forest boy", a failed whisper suddenly caught the attention of Neteyam's ears.
.
.