seventeen

"You two are unbelievable!" Neytiri shouted furiously as she slammed her coffee-filled mug on the dining table. Her shining fangs glistened in the reflection of Neteyam's yellow, with guilt-pledged eyes.
A visible flinch overtook the brothers' posture while having their heads hung low and legs pressed firmly on each of their chairs. They knew that this would happen, but it scared them to death nonetheless.

The woman stood up with a painful screech of the chair sliding across the floor. The sudden noise caused the family's ears to flatten instantly.
"I was generous enough to let you out until midnight!" she yelled, frantically swinging her arms along her words. "And you boys decided to come back almost 14 hours later!".

Despite the current situation being rather serious and tense, Kiri, who sat on the leather sofa in the back, couldn't retain her cool. The sight of her two brothers being scolded at for sneaking into a party forced a huge lump of laughter to form in her throat. However, she knew that she would have to keep it in with all her might if she didn't want to get in trouble as well.

"Neytiri, honey, please calm do-" Jake pleaded his wife, but was cut off before he could finish his sentence. "No!" the woman yelled, more vehemently than before. She then proceeded to glare at the younger one of the two boys. "Lo'ak, you're grounded, and no phone for two weeks!" she spat while placing her palms on her hips. As she disregarded the whining and yelling from her son, Neytiri slowly began to dart her eyes at the boy in the next chair. She needed some time to think; Neteyam hardly ever left the house, and he didn't use his phone as much as Lo'ak did. As a result, imposing these consequences on him would be pointless.

Suddenly, she had a brilliant idea. "Neteyam, no car for two weeks," the woman demanded, a tiny smirk on her lips. Of course, seeing her children's disappointed and furious expressions hurt her, but how else would they learn? They must be punished in order to learn from their faults. After all, it was how Neytiri was raised, and it was now time to employ the same way with the following generation.
"Go to your rooms now," the mother demanded, sighing and pointing to the stairs.

The boys did as they were told, getting up from their chairs with irritated expressions and sulking shoulders.
Neteyam felt betrayed. He had never been in so much trouble in his life as he was today. Not to mention that he had never received a punishment like this before.
However, the boy realized it wasn't his brother's fault. After all, he agreed to go to the party, and it was he who wasn't cautious enough. The more he thought about it, the more certain he became that everything was his own fault.

Neteyam tossed himself onto his bedding and pillows with a loud thud after slowly closing the door behind him. Perhaps if he hadn't been so careless, this would never have happened. And perhaps he would never have gone to Ao'nung's place, and nothing else would have happened between them.
A headache coursed through his mind just thinking about the entire time he spent there. Neteyam had squeezed his face completely into one of the pillows by the time his heart began to race just thinking about those memories. He truly just wanted to forget about that night. However, the way Ao'nung's huge hands touched his skin ever so gently, slowly moving from his pleased face down to his neck, his chest, and his stomach, were things he would never be able to forget.

Ao'nung's lips felt so incredibly soft on his skin as he kissed his way from Neteyam's lips to his ear, sending shivers down his spine as his warm breath hit the Sully's cold skin. Neteyam can still feel the other's firm grip on his hips and how Ao'nung's nails dug deeper and deeper into his skin the longer they spent time on the bed.
Somehow, Neteyam remembers it all. Even the smallest details feel like a movie of the highest quality. Only a bag of popcorn in his right hand and a large soft drink in his left hand were missing.

Even though he'd never admit it, the boy couldn't quit thinking about what they'd done. The intimacy lured him into a hole that Neteyam couldn't get out of no matter how hard he tried. It was similar to the depleting sense of needing something you can't have, and Neteyam was embarrassed to feel this way.

His phone suddenly vibrated beneath his pillow, prompting him to flinch nervously.

Neteyam's eyes widened as he realized who had texted him.