four

"My name is Neteyam, by the way.." the boy muttered, sounding fairly concerned about the current situation. He stepped to one of the sinks to wash his hands, not missing the way the other stared at him from the corner of his eye. Nicknames were never something he was a big fan of.
"Neteyam, hm?" he questioned as he turned to face the front as well, now being able to watch Neteyam's every move from the reflection shining in the mirror.

Their ears were filled with the echoing sound of the water pouring down onto the boy's hands.
Not daring to say anything else, Neteyam turned off the faucet and began to dry his hands with the paper towels on his left. He felt extremely confused and was ready to leave the restroom again.

"Nice to meet you, Neteyam. I'm Ao'nung" the other boy abruptly mentioned, causing the new student to pause and turn his head toward the source of the disturbance. There wasn't a single emotion Neteyam could discern from Ao'nung's indescribable expression on his face. And, to be honest, it kind of scared him.
The sully lad simply murmured, "Well.. nice to meet you too," before turning away from him once more and letting out a small sigh. Ao'nung quickly stopped him from opening the door again by placing his hand against it and using his might to keep it closed. He unintentionally noticed Neteyam being a little smaller because he was standing immediately behind him.

"I wasn't finished", the taller one exclaimed quietly, causing Neteyam's heart to participate in a marathon. The combination of being in such close proximity to another person's presence, having a complete stranger press against him, and feeling Ao'nung's warm breath tickle across his skin increased Neteyam's level of anxiety, which poured into his veins and shot up into his head. He badly wanted to get out of this, but it was more difficult than it seemed given the other boy's tight hold on the surface in front of him.

"What do you want?" Neteyam asked, huffing, as he hesitantly turned to face Ao'nung. He couldn't escape the overpowering perfume odor emanating from the other's neck because of the relatively little distance between their bodies. It gave his nose an odd tingle.

The boy could feel his tail flicking aggressively when Ao'nung simply stared into his eyes, darting his gaze from one side to the next. "You have really good grades, don't you?" he asked quietly. Almost in hushed tones.

Neteyam immediately switched to a perplexed expression in response. "I mean, I guess so, yeah..", was everything that left his parted lips. The other was strangely hard to read because everything that escaped his throat was utterly unpredictable and confusing.
What was his intention? Something Neteyam was unlikely to receive an answer to.

Without hesitation, Ao'nung immediately backed up again. His reputation in school would likely be ruined if they were discovered in this manner. He was caught up in the moment and unknowingly let his distracting thoughts to take control of his clear mind. His brain occasionally came up with vital, well-thought-out schemes as a result of his desire for acceptance and attention from other students.
"It appears you'll become a little celebrity here sooner than I expected," the boy said, leaning up against the nearest sink in the back. However, it appears that Neteyam was not amused by his remarks. "And why do you think that?" he muttered hesitantly, his gaze fixed on the other's grin. The longer they stared at each other, the more pissed he became.

"Oh, come on, don't act stupid," Ao'nung abruptly exclaimed, to which the other boy simply blinked at him in irritation. These words caught him off guard because they were taken out of context and had no meaning that Neteyam could associate with. Before he could reply, Ao'nung had already continued. "You haven't even been here a day and people are already talking about you," he exclaimed as his gaze slipped away. "It's crazy, isn't it?"

Neteyam couldn't make out what it was, but the taller one was speaking to him in a tone that made him feel strangely intimidated. Was that sarcasm in his voice? Or maybe some sort of evilness? The Sully child didn't know. The only thing he was certain of was the fact that Ao'nung as a whole didn't really sit right with him.
"Was that the only reason you followed me here? To tell me this?" he inquired as he felt his blood starting to boil from the observed behavior.
His precious lunchtime was flushed down the drain because of some unnecessary comments.

"Of course not," Ao'nung quickly shook his head. "We're throwing a party on Friday to mark the beginning of our final year here, so I figured why not invite the newcomer? It would be a great opportunity to make some new friends, you know."
A grin spread across his lips as he noticed Neteyam huffing loudly. This was undoubtedly not what Neteyam had expected, but it also didn't make him feel any better. To put it mildly, he was annoyed. Why would Ao'nung invite him to a party? Neteyam was very confident that it was clear that he wasn't the type to attend such events, get wasted, and make out with random people.

"I'm not interest-"

"Bro?" a familiar voice suddenly cut him off, causing him to flinch in surprise as the door opened and nearly hit his head.
.
.