three

"Neteyam, please!" Lo'ak had been pleading with his brother for the past five minutes, and he had no intention of stopping any time soon. When lunchtime arrived, the siblings sat together at one of the cafeteria's many tables. There were quite a lot of students in the room; walking around, eating, or talking to their friends.
Neteyam was overjoyed to finally be able to eat something, as his stomach was becoming uncomfortable due to the lack of food he had in the mornings. However, his brother simply wouldn't give up on bothering him until he got what he wanted. "I won't give you lunch money, Lo'ak!" the older one hissed while taking out a green box from his backpack. "Do you have any idea how much money I loaned you last year just for this horrible school lunch?"

"That's true, we never got it back at the end either.." Kiri muttered, jumping right into their argument as she bit into a piece of carrot. She watched Lo'ak groan out in response while letting his upper body fall onto the table with a loud thud. They told him many times before that if he packed his own lunch at home, he wouldn't have to go hungry to school because their parents wouldn't give him money for lunch anymore. Neteyam wouldn't be surprised if they ended up living on the streets if he kept doing that. Not only was the food here outrageously priced, but it also tasted particularly bad.

The oldest brother sighed. "Ask mom nicely, and maybe she wi-"

"Psh!" Lo'ak quickly cut him off as his gaze wandered to the other side of the cafeteria. From what Kiri could tell, he was staring at a group of girls approaching their table. Or, at the very least, walking in their direction.
"There she is! The girl I told you about," the younger boy whispered quietly, his face lighting up as their gazes locked. She was captivating in every way, and all three, regardless of their preferences, could attest to that. Her long, curly hair sat perfectly around her shoulders, her intense blue eyes adorning her beautiful face.

Just as the group was about to move on to another table, the girl gave Lo'ak a small wave before briefly switching her gaze to Neteyam. The next thing the siblings got to watch were those girls letting out high-pitched giggles as they disappeared behind another group of people.
"She's cute, right?" Lo'ak then asked sheepishly without turning to face the others. In his mind, he had already set a new goal for this year: get together with that lovely girl from English class. Of course, he knew to take things slowly and not jump right into it, but she was quite literally his dream girl.

"Do you even know what her name is?" Kiri inquired unconcernedly while biting into another slice of apple from her little box.

"I do, but I can't remember what it is right now."

While his siblings were engrossed in a deep and contentious discussion, Neteyam passed the time by lazily looking around the cafeteria. The furniture and design actually weren't so bad, in his eyes. In comparison to his previous school, this one appeared to be more modern and enjoyable to spend the majority of one's time at.
The boy came to a halt when the teal na'vi and his small friend from before caught his attention a little further back. They were sitting at the table with a few other guys, laughing about something Neteyam couldn't understand from here.
Even if it was unintentional, that boy was the first new student he'd met today. To the Sully child's chagrin, they now had to sit next to each other in biology as well. At the far back.

His final year of high school had not started off well, but he hoped that things would improve soon.

Neteyam's gaze immediately darted away from him again when he realized the boy had caught him staring, now looking at him with a puzzled expression and a small smirk on his lips. His cheeks flushed red with embarrassment. What caused this to happen? In public places like this one, the forest na'vi usually made an effort to maintain his focus. But now he's lost himself and been caught by the person he was staring at.
What a pity.

Neteyam tried to calm the racing heart in his chest by quickly returning to his siblings. He wished he could just vanish at this precise moment.

"Here," the oldest brother spat, violently placing a $10 bill on the table. "But I promise you, Lo'ak, this is the last time. Also, I need to use the restroom real quick."
With that, Neteyam abruptly rose to his feet and began marching out of the cafeteria, straight into the long corridor. He remembered which way to go because of the brief encounter earlier in the day.
Since the exact moment he arrived at school, the boy could feel himself needing to use the restroom, but he decided against it because it wasn't that urgent at the time. But it had gotten to the point where it was unbearable and even painful, not being able to hold it in for another second.

His fleeing was possibly also caused by a desire to escape the embarrassment, but he also knew his mind was exaggerating things once again. That didn't change the fact that Neteyam was not a very open and social person. Even though he enjoyed going out with friends and doing fun things with his siblings, he adored his alone time. In the boy's opinion, the most enjoyable activities were lying in his bed, listening to music, or studying in peace.

With one swift motion, Neteyam opened the door and immediately dashed into one of the stalls.

He hasn't felt this relieved in a long time.

After a few seconds passed, the youngster's ears flicked slightly at the sound of someone else entering the surprisingly clean room. He hurried through emptying himself and quickly exited the stall again. As soon as Neteyam looked up, his eyes widened in shock.

There he was, leaning with his waist against the bathroom sinks, his back facing the mirrors behind him, and his arms crossed lazily in front of his chest. A huge grin—or perhaps a smirk?—was spread out on his face. The blue hoodie he was wearing earlier was replaced by a plain white t-shirt that appeared to be three sizes bigger than needed.

"What's up, forest boy?"
.
.