fourteen

Neteyam placed his head on his hands, hoping that the others wouldn't notice his flushed, hot, and burning cheeks. He let out an unintentional groan as his bottom lip quivered in embarrassment and muscle groups tensed up one by one.

With every passing second, parts of the whole night appeared in Neteyam's mind in the form of veils of fog. Fog, which swayed away painfully slowly, revealing the shameful events from the night before. The memories played out like some sort of movie—one with explicit content..
With further details, Neteyam started to feel droplets of sweat breaking through his skin barrier. Even worse when suddenly he heard the clinking of keys rustling at the front door, making the group's heads turn in that direction.

His eyes glistened at the handle, and his hands were as wet as though Neteyam had just washed them. The boy was afraid, ashamed, and disappointed. Hell, he was terrified. Every single nerve in his tensed body shot through him like small flashes of electricity. His hair stood straight, and his ears were stiff and perked, alarmed for what was about to come. For who was about to come. Because although it could be anyone bursting through that door, the chances were incredibly high that it would be him.
The pictures of last night spread around in Neteyam's mind like a collage, settling down insanely mischievously. Videos and photos displaying the shameful things—sins—that that boy got Neteyam to do.

Everything tumbled around in his brain, like when his sister partially breaks her drawers when she can't find her specific green top. A mess.

As soon as the front door opened, Neteyam felt like he was going to explode. There were way too many different emotions building up tension in his veins. A fuse, which slowly shortened itself, getting closer and closer to the trigger.
And when a certain teal na'vi finally stepped foot into the entrance, he blew up.

It took merely a second before Neteyam felt himself experiencing such a high level of stress and anxiety that it was impossible to compare it to anything else in the past. The thing he wanted the most at that moment was to simply run away. Not caring about the destination but making sure to be as far away from Ao'nung as he could. However, Neteyam was well aware that fleeing wasn't even an option. The others would think weirdly of him, starting to question his strange behavior. And Ao'nung? Ao'nung would laugh at him. Thinking something along the lines of how weak Neteyam is and that he's better than him.

Nothing Neteyam wished for.

His heartbeats were incredibly fast—overwhelming, even. It felt like it was going to jump out of his chest any second.
He had no clue what to expect from Ao'nung's reaction when he saw Neteyam. Is that boy going to be ashamed as well? Or maybe he's angry because he regrets it? Too many questions were swirling inside Neteyam's mind, to which he was unable to find an answer.

But then, their eyes finally met.
.
.