twelve

Even though it was almost 4 a.m., Ao'nung had no desire to sleep whatsoever. This oppressive feeling of tiredness never washed over him that night, not even after having watched three movies in a row.

He was currently leaning on the balcony railing, observing the night sky above their pool and simply enjoying the faint breeze that swayed his loose hair just a little. By the time Ao'nung had changed into comfortable clothes earlier in the night, he was finally able to open his bun and relax his scalp for a bit. He had trouble liking his long, curly hair because it took so much effort to keep it healthy and neat. However, the youngster never considered cutting it because it reminded his mother of her deceased brother, whom she loved more than herself. If he ever cut it, she'd be left with nothing of him.

Ao'nung slowly exhaled the smoke from the cigarette he just took a puff from, moving it between his fingers. Smoking wasn't something the young man particularly enjoyed, which is why he only did it on rare occasions, but it was sometimes necessary to soothe his nerves. He used to do it because his old friend group forced him to, telling him it was cool and he'd be weird if he didn't. But he feels a lot better now that he has finally fought and won the battle against the tremendous addiction that these guys afflicted him. Even though he no longer smokes on a regular basis, the odd flavor and nicotine relax him in instances like this. Especially after a day of tension.

He removed some ash from the cigarette by tapping on it a little, just as his ears perked at a sudden noise coming from behind. Turning around immediately, Ao'nung was met with no other than Neteyam himself. The boy appeared pale and exhausted, almost lifeless. It was as though someone had stolen his soul. His eyelids were millimeters from closing again, and his unstable, shaky feet carried him to the railing at a glacial pace.

"Finally awake?" Ao'nung muttered while turning back to the paradise of stars and taking another hit from the cigarette.
A long and miserable groan left the other's lips as he bent over to place his head on his hands that were resting on top of the railing. Neteyam didn't know if he'd ever felt so wretched before in his life. His head was pounding in anguish, and the dizziness had completely taken over his mind.
"Smoking is bad for you," the boy mumbled after getting up again and watching Ao'nung exhaling. He couldn't help but pucker up his face in response to the secondhand smoke filling his nostrils automatically.

Ao'nung turned to the other hesitantly, his expression showing no emotion. He watched as Neteyam's gaze suddenly fixed on the cigarette in his hand, and how his iris would follow its every move. Even when he placed the filter between his lips slowly, waiting for any reaction, the boy stared at it intensely. A bit strange, in his opinion.

Neteyam hadn't fully sobered up yet, and it showed.

Just for laughs, Ao'nung decided to play along for a little. "You want a hit?" he inquired, extending the cigar toward Neteyam with a sly look on his face. But to his surprise, the boy had no intention of moving away or staring at him in disgust due to the smell.
Nothing.

Ao'nung knew very well by now that Neteyam was strictly against any kinds of drugs-related activities, such as in this case, smoking. So, seeing how the aftermath from the party still affected Neteyam's consciousness this hardly made him concerned a little.
Because Neteyam wasn't totally himself yet, Ao'nung decided against allowing him to take a puff, even if he wanted to. He'd have to get completely sober first.

Ao'nung noticed Neteyam's gaze suddenly wandering, now looking him straight in the eyes as the light of the moon reflected in the pond of honey that they were presenting.
The night fell silent, with the only sounds filling their ears being their steady breathing.

The teal na'vi took another long puff before keeping the smoke in his mouth, maintaining intense eye contact and carefully grabbing Neteyam's chin with his other hand. He pulled him close, extremely close. Too close for his own liking.
But he couldn't stop himself. Something just flooded his consciousness at that very instant. And it began to dominate his every movement and thought.
He moved Neteyam's bottom lip apart with his thumb, leaving a small gap between Neteyam's teeth owing to the gasp that escaped his throat.

The closer Ao'nung got, the quicker their hearts raced in their chests. Neither of the boys knew what was going on, but it wasn't like any of them were thinking clearly at the time anyway.
Despite the fact that the cold breeze brought goosebumps and shivers up their backs, they felt some type of warmth spreading out inside of them. The blood rushed to their heads at breakneck speed.
Neteyam wasn't sure if it was because of the alcohol and the other unknown substances, but he knew for certain that this didn't mean any good.

He was well aware of that. But even when Ao'nung got close enough for their noses to almost touch, the boy didn't move one bit. Their lips were separated by only a few inches.
Neteyam had no idea how to react or what to respond. But, weirdly, he wouldn't consider dodging Ao'nung's touches anytime soon. Instead, the young na'vi let out a shuddering sigh, sinking deeper and deeper into the palm around his chin. His pupils migrated from Ao'nung's left eye to the right, then back and forth in an ongoing cycle.

Neteyam's breathing became labored, and his heart skipped a beat. He desperately wanted to back up, but he couldn't. Something was preventing him from going. He was certain that the thrill coursing through his veins was caused by the substances in his body.

Ao'nung proceeded to move forward once more, now milliseconds away from colliding with the other. His eyes felt heavy, and his heartbeat became rapid. The smoke had started to burn the insides of his mouth additionally.

Neteyam's lips quivered.

"Let me taste it," he whispered impatiently.

That was all Ao'nung needed to hear to push him over the edge.
Immediately, he clasped Neteyam's face, closing the gap between their faces and forcing his lips on the soft ones of the other.

Neteyam didn't even hesitate for a second before closing his eyes and kissing the taller na'vi back in an instant, leaning even closer to take in Ao'nung's bitter taste and the strings of salvia to the fullest. The smoke swayed from one throat to the other, infecting his mouth with a slight tingle as his tongue experienced the taste of tobacco for the first time. It didn't taste good. In fact, it was merely disgusting. Yet he wouldn't mind tasting more of it if that meant he could feel Ao'nung's intimacy for longer.
The way the kiss started off slow but became progressively quicker and more hasty the longer the boys got used to this kind of touch from each other satisfied both of their needs. Especially when Ao'nung's hands moved from the other boy's face down to his waist.

It felt thrilling and exciting as their hearts pumped adrenaline through their blood, but so incredibly wrong at the same time.
For once because both of them had yet to sober up, but also because Ao'nung was caught up in the moment and utilized their intoxicated state as an excuse to use Neteyam for this intimacy.

Deep down, they still couldn't stand each other for the life of them. But for now, they would just enjoy each other's touch, which they so rarely got to experience.
.
.

_
(I think after twelve chapters and approximately 16 thousand words you guys deserved this)