𝟎𝟓𝟒, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭

nailea and matt were on facetime meanwhile she packed her stuff in boxes.

"what are you gonna do with the house?" matt asks the girl

"well im going to make it like an air bnb i guess? like im gonna let people rent it and stuff" nailea shrugs "i dont wanna sell it, it has so many memories"

"i know it does" matt frowns

"i took my first step here if that makes sense" nailea says "and i dont wanna abandon it"

"nailea if you dont want to mo-"

"no. i want to"

"are you sure?" matt asks

"im sure. i swear im fine." nailea smiles softly at the phone "riley's excited"

"yeah?" matt smiles

"yeah. she just doesnt want jaden to come over and us to embarrass her" nailea chuckles, packing picture frames in the box now

"are you happy?" matt asks "like genuinely?"

"im very happy. i have everything i need. riley, you, my friends, im happy" nailea shrugs

"thats great" matt says "can i come over? im done packing"

"i mean, if you want" nailea answers

"ill be there in ten minutes" matt smiles at the camera, hanging up

nailea puts her phone down from balancing on her chairs leg. she stands up and grabs a box with the words 'MEMORIES' in black sharpie on the top. she sits down, when she's about to put it in a separate cardboard box when matt walks in her room.

"hey!" matt smiles, closing the door behind him and kneeling down to her level and placing a kiss on her lips "whats that?"

"memory box" nailea smiles, handing it to him "its so full i need another one"

"lets see" matt opens the box "you still have the notes from sophomore year?"

"of course i do" nailea says, packing up her room decorations now

"can i read them?"

"go ahead"

"okay so this one says," matt grabs a random one "you'll do so much better next time, i believe in you. with a heart"

"you got detention for giving that to me" nailea chuckles, taping a box "im done packing"

"what about the memory box?" matt asks

"ill take it by hand" nailea shrugs, lying down on her now coverless and pillowless bed "it looks so empty"

"because it is, babe" matt lies down next to her, lifting her head slightly so he could put his arm around her

"i know," nailea holds the hand he had around her "but it looks sad"

"hey, you dont have to move" matt looks at her "you know that, right?"

"i know. but everyones so happy and riley is so excited and, im excited too"

"but?"

"but this place holds memories, i dont want to leave it"

matt frowns, catching the girl off guard.

"why are you frowning?" nailea asks, holding the corners of his mouth up

"because, i dont know. you've been through so much. you basically raised riley by yourself and i just want you to be happy" matt sighs

"matt. i am happy" nailea looks at him "im very happy. yes ive been through a lot. ive been through so much. but im okay now"

"i know. and i just hate knowing that i was part of what youve been through, if that makes sense?" matt says "i dont know"

"the only thing that matters is that we're fine now. its okay, babe" nailea comforts

"yeah, i guess."

✰┊❛AUTOCAPS❜┊✰