Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 75

When they stepped through the door, Bernie instantly kicked her heels off, nursing her sore toes and refusing to wear those retched shoes ever again. Had she taken another step in them and she was 100% certain her feet would have fallen off.

"You looked gorgeous tonight, almost too gorgeous. Other blokes were looking at you a bit too intensely for my liking." What was that Bernie sensed in Roger's voice? Was it jealousy? If it was, it was well masked by humour but she could still hear the slightly worried tone behind it.

"Don't worry, there's no other man I want," she smiled, wrapping her arms around him tightly. He looked incredibly dashing in his suit and Bernie brought her head up to kiss him. As soon as their lips locked, the switch in Roger flicked to On! and Bernie felt something spark inside of her, too.

"I thought you didn't want to mess up your lipstick?" Roger laughed, breaking off the kiss for a moment. Smeared across his lips and around his mouth was the red of her lipstick.

"We're home now, it doesn't matter anymore." The use of the word 'home', blurted with such confidence, relaxed Bernie and she continued to kiss him. He threaded his hands through her perfectly curled hair and across her back, whilst she gripped onto the collar of his blazer as the kiss became deeper. Soon enough, she was pressed against the wall of the hallway, his hands exploring her body except her boobs and backside. She pushed him off slightly, navigating their way to the living room without breaking the kiss.

Roger sat on the sofa and Bernie sat on his lap, straddling him with certainty. So much so that he felt no need to stop and ask her if what was happening was okay. If it wasn't, she would've said, and he could feel the eagerness of her kisses. Still, he needed a peace of mind.

"Is this okay?" He whispered, kissing her ear.

Instead of responding verbally for the moment, she took hold of his hands and guided them to her waist, bringing them lower and lower until they were on her backside. She nodded and said "yes", closing her eyes and focussing her attention on what was happening. His hands were where they'd never been before, where filthy hands had previously touched. But, oddly, she didn't feel repulsed or fearful like she thought she would. She felt...liberated. And relieved. She sighed and kissed him again, embedding her hands into his hair and tugging on it relatively hard. He groaned and cautiously caressed her bum, relishing the feeling of not only being able to do what he'd wanted to do for months, but also that he'd been allowed. She had let him and he was proud of her. 

"Let's go upstairs," she whispered, climbing off of him, straightening her dress and standing tall, proud, like she'd conquered the world. In her head, she had and she felt energised by it.

"Are you sure, Birdie?" Roger stood up too, standing in front of her and holding her forearms, stroking her left arm with his thumb.

"I've never been more sure of anything." The strength of her voice was final and the excitement and lust that spilled out of Roger was almost unbearable. This wasn't just going to be sex, this was so much more than that and he valued that a million times more than every meaningless fling he'd had. That's not to say he hadn't enjoyed it at the time, but just as Bernie felt ready to move on from his past, he felt ready to move on from his, too. He knew this was more than just sex for Bernie, and because of that it was for him as well.

Upstairs, they slammed the bedroom door shut and found one another's lips again. There was nobody in the house to shut out, but in a way they were blocking out the world, making tonight about one another and one another only.

Slowly, Roger brought his hands up to her chest and brushed the bottom of her breast with his thumb over the silky fabric of her dress. She nodded into the kiss and he continued on, earning a sigh from Bernie as he gently squeezed her boob, then a second time; slightly harder. Everything was done slowly, so he could work within her boundaries whilst she got comfortable with the new intimacy.

She began to pull his jacket off before working on his red tie, pulling on it slightly first. She used it to bring him closer to her, if that were possible, and then undid it, discarding it on the floor. Roger sat on the edge of the bed and she knelt over him, sitting on his lap, pulling on his hair as he groaned. He bit her lip and dropped his hands to her backside simultaneously, causing a sigh to fall from her mouth. Soon, she was scrambling at his belt, pulling it off.

Just as his hands reached the base of her dress to pull it up over her head, something stormed through her veins. It was panic. "I'm sorry," she broke off and put her head on his shoulder, still sitting on his lap. She didn't want to progress further but she also didn't want to go backwards. Roger let go immediately and wrapped his arms around her tentatively.

"Is it me?" He said into her ear, voice still slightly gruff with lust as he nipped her ear.

Bernie thought about it for a moment. Was it Roger? "...No." She said defiantly after a moment. "No. It's not you. I want to, just...not now."

As disappointed as Roger was, he tried not to display it in his voice and instead just sat, arms around her, waiting for her make the next move. "That's okay."

"I still want to do this though..." She trailed off, lifting her head and reattaching her lips to his. She pulled herself further onto his lap and he sighed at the feeling, if only through clothes.

"Can I still-" wavering his hand to her lower back cautiously, he wasn't entirely sure what her 'not now' completely entailed.

"I'd be disappointed if you didn't." Bernie smiled and trailed her hands from his hair down his neck and to his chest as his explored her body, parts he hadn't explored before. Even though they both knew there was no chance of things progressing any further than kissing tonight, there was still something liberating about the gates being slowly opened, inch by inch.

They kissed until there was no air left in their lungs. By the end, Bernie's lips tingled and were red with lust. Even though she said she wasn't going to go any further than just kissing him tonight, she still had to pick her dress and bra up off the floor when she left the room to clean her teeth.

17/5/23 - hi! so this may be the last chapter for a while. the story isn't over just yet, but I need some time to write leisurely for my own sake - thanks for understanding :)