Chapter 11- Mina and Kosei

After all of the pairs had been selected, Mina was walking through the training course with Kosei Tsuburaba. He seemed a little awkward but at the same time seemed to be off in his own little world. Mina's mind wandered to the pairings she and Komori had made;

Deku and Kendo
Pony and Tokoyami
Shoji and Manga
Rin and Koda
Sero and Kuroiro
Shinso and Honenuki
Denki and Monoma
Todoroki and Kamakiri
Momo and Tetsutetsu
Hagakure and Bondo
Bakugo and Shoda
Sato and Kodai
Ojiro and Shiozaki
Aoyama and Tokage
Uraraka and Yanagi
Jiro and Awase
Kirishima and Komori
Asui and Kaibara
Iida and Shishida

Honestly? All 4 of the teachers were quite impressed with the pairings and the method both girls went by. Dex was with All Might, Aizawa, Vlad King and Cementoss, watching and monitoring the exercise.

What was the exercise you ask?

Hide and Seek.

All teams had been given a piece is folded paper with either the word; Hider or Seeker. All had to be kept a secret from the other teams, tho. Everyone had to run off but anyone that that was a seeker, returned as to not draw suspicion or blow their cover.

So now, Kosei and Mina were walking around, blindly, trying to avoid everyone and last till time ran out, so that they wouldn't get caught. The duo rounded a corner but just as quickly, Mina shoved Kosei back and held up her finger to signal silence.

The brunette nodded and they both peaked around the corner to see Bakugo stomping across with Shoda fiddling with something on his wrist. Once they were outta sight, Kosei and Mina hurried down the opposite path. This course was a litteral maze. Their aim was to get out of the said maze without being tagged. When they're tagged, a coloured paint ball will hit them.

Cementoss had changed the concrete maze once everyone had ran inside, so they couldn't back track their steps to get out. Mina looked back and saw Kosei looking around.

"You good, Tsuburaba?" Mina asked as she slowed down to walk by his side.

"Huh?" He gasped. "O-Oh! Y-Yeah I'm fine. Um... Who do you think the Seekers are? There's three pairs of them, right?"

"Uh... Yeah! There is but I dunno who they could be though. It could be anyone. But regardless, we have to stay on our toes if we wanna get through this maze. Because we don't know who the Seekers are we can't really trust anyone."

"Fair enough... Um.. I know we have to stay focused but I'd really like to get to know you if it's OK. Like, what's your family like, that sorta stuff."

"Oh! I don't see why not. We don't really train together that much. Ok! I have 4 brothers and I'm the youngest. Dexter is the oldest; the one you met at the start of the exercise, then there's Gou, Tyler and Masaki; the triplets. I have two mothers and a dad, too!"

"Your family sounds so nice! And accepting to. I've never met anyone with a polycule family before."

"Thanks!" Mina beamed as she looked around at the top of the cement structures. "What about you? What's your family like?"

"I live with my mum and dad, and my two younger siblings; Nako and Kate. They're both adopted and fraternal twins? I think that's the right term. They're both the same aga and have the same birthdays but they're not blood related."

"They sound so sweet. But you didn't really like saying 'Kate' why is that? If it's not to rude to ask."

"Oh... No, you're fine! Kate... Kate's my dead name, that's all..."

"Oh! I'm sorry."

"You're fine-"

"Hey, Sparky!" Came a mocking voice, causing the duo to stop in their tracks. Monoma rounded the corner ahead of them; holding a paint gun on his shoulder. Denki then followed in pursuit with one sitting on his shoulders and arms slung over it. "Looks like we found our third victims!"

"Shit!" Mina cursed. "Kosei! Air Shield!"

"Got it!" Kosei cried and blew a wall of solid air that caused the yellow paint balls to splatter against instead of hitting their targets.

The duo then ran off as Monoma and Denki tried to get through the glass. Mina turned her head back to see Monoma shatter the glass by ramming into it; his skin having a rough texture. Mina gasped and turned to face the direction she was running and they rounded a corner.

"Monoma's got Kirishima's quirk meaning they've already tagged Kiri and Komori!" Mina explained as she pumped her arms.

"That can be good!" Kosei panted. "But in order to find out who's been tagged, we need to see which quirks he's using, right?!"

"That would be logical but we can't risk getting caught to find that out!"

"True!"

They rounded another corner and stopped to catch a breath.

"We need a plan." Kosei panted as he slumped over and placed his hands on his knees.

"Right." Mina replied as she placed her hands on her hips and rolled her head along her shoulders.

She scanned the tops of the cement maze once more. She cocked her head to the side to see if she could somehow find a way to get over it.

"Hey... Tsuburaba?" She began.

"Just call me, Kosei but what's up?" He asked as he stood up.

"Do you think you could use your quirk to try and see over the cement walls? You know to see if we can tell who the Seekers are at least? Or where everyone else is so we can avoid them?"

"I guess." He then blew a step of air that allowed him to peek just over the wall. He placed his hands on the flat surface and scanned the area. After a moment he jumped down and faced Mina. "Monoma and Denki are around our left-ish side so it would be best to avoid them as Monoma seems ready to blast someone."

"Got it. What about our right?"

"There's about 3 other groups that way; all seperated. Midoriya and Kendo have paintball guns. As well as them, there's Rin and Koda then Todoroki and Kamakiri. Behind us are Yaoyarozu and Tetsutetsu and Ojiro and Shiozaki. To make matters worse, Bakugo and Shoda, Asui and Kaibara, Iida and Shishida are not that far in front of us."

"Basically we're surrounded. Dang."

"What are we going to do?"

Mina analysed the boy and noticed he was struggling for breath.

'It must be his binder. Bakugo has similar problems... Hm... What to do?' and idea suddenly clicked in her head. "I've Got It!" She exclaimed.

"What?"

"A plan. If we can't go forward, backward, left or right," Mina began. "Then we go up." Both looked at the top of the cement structure before looking at eachother once more. "Got one more big breath for us?"

Kosei smirked.

Oo~! How do you think this'll go down?
Will they get caught or will they make it out?

Let me know in the comments!