Chapter 12- Better Together

Kosei blew one last breath that then solidified into a square platform. He took a deep, gasping breath like he was struggling to refill his lungs.

"You alright, Kosei?" Mina questioned, worried for her partner and new friend.

"I... I'll be F-Fine." He gasped. "Let's just get outta this maze, yeah?"

Mina nodded and climber onto the platform before pulling herself on-top of the wall. She then helped pulled the spikey brunette up after her. Carefully, the duo crouched low and made their way along the wall.

The occasionally came across others and the Seeker teams but managed to slip past. When they came up to a spot where their wall broke off to create a new path, they'd have to ever so carefully jump without falling. If they came to a dead end? They turned around and went back the way they came.

As they carefully walked along the wall, they noticed Deku and Kendo notice their location.

"Look out, Kosei!" Mina cried and they both staggered apart as the yellow coloured paint balls burst against the concrete. Mina grabbed Kosei's wrist. "Come on! We're almost out!"

Kosei stumbled and at one point slipped but Mina had a strong hold on him and hauled him back to their spot atop the wall. Kendo fired again and narrowly missed Mina's foot.

The duo hurriedly ran across the wall and... They made it to the end. They dropped down just as Uraraka and Yanagi fired at them. Mina and Kosei managed to get over the line just as a white paintball exploded against their backs.

"Ashido and Tsuburaba Are The First Team To Get Past!" Aizawa exclaimed and and moved the duo's marker to the column marked; Successful.

Mina and the brunette high-fived before Vlad King took the boy to Recovery Girl's office. Mina too this as the opportunity to see which other students had gotten tagged by the seekers. She looked at the gather students and saw Shoji and Manga, Shinso and Honenuki, Sato and Kodai, Jiro and Awase, Kirishima and Komori and finally, Tokage and Aoyama.

When Mina made eye contact with the French boy, her face heated up slightly. For some reason, she was starting to have feelings for the boy. As if he could read her mind, the latter blushed and turned his head away. A hand was placed on her shoulder. She looked up and saw her brother.

"Well Done, Mina." He smiled. "You did really well. Using the maze to your advantage, resulting in literally moving above your opponents, allowed you to stay outta sight long enough to get almost to the end."

"Thanks!" Mina smiled but it then morphed into a smirk. "This shadowing of Mr. Aizawa must be really paying off. You're starting to sound a lot like him."

"Oh shut up!" Dex grinned, ruffling his sister's hair and pushing her slightly. "Keep trying to suck up and I'll put you in detention."

"Ha ha ha! That sounds like something Sensei would definitely say! Hahaha!"

"I've noticed one of your classmates missing."

"Oh? Who?"

"That perverted Grape Stain."

"Ew! He finally got suspended." Mina explained. "He went to far and the teachers finally thought enough was enough so they kicked him from the school, leaving an opening in the class that was quickly given to Shinso. To be honest? Shinso should've been in our class from the very beginning. The entrance exams weren't exactly fair."

"You make a good point."

Mina looked at the entrance and saw another group appear, only for them to be outta breath. Bakugo and Shoda, followed closely behind by YaoMomo and Tetsutetsu.

"Team Bakugo and Team Tetsutetsu have made it through without being tagged!" Aizawa explained. Mina noticed Bakugo was wheezing. "All Might?" Aizawa continued. "Can you take Bakugo to RG's Office. And Bakugo? I'll be having a chat with both you and Tsuburaba after training."

Bakugo let out an annoyed growl but followed All Might back to the school for medical attention.

"You got two trans students, huh?" Dexter asked.

"Yeah... Kosei from 1B and Bakugo from my class." Mina replied. "But we also have Jiro in my class to. How'd you know?"

"Just a guess." He replied, casually, with a shrug. "I just noticed how they were both struggling for breath. I mean, Gou has asthma and he doesn't even struggle for breath that bad after running around all day."

"... Now that you say that... Yeah. I guess you're right."

"I'm going to go and talk to Aizawa about his lesson plan. Catch you later."

"Ok." Mina smiled.

She was really happy that Dexter was onboard with all of this and he has definitely changed and that was good. Mina sat down with Kiri and Shinso, and watched for the rest of the pairs to emerge, either victorious or tagged, from the concrete maze.

"Who'd you guys get tagged by?" Mina asked.

"I got tagged by Uraraka and Yanagi." Shinso replied as he played with a loose piece of cotton on his scarf.

"I was tagged by Denks and Monoma." Kirishima replied.

Mina noticed the colour of the latters' paintball and how it had left a red mark on his chest. Mina couldn't help but feel the pain, theoretically.

"Did that hurt?" Mina continued pointing to the red mark on the redhead's chest.

"Nah." Kiri replied casually. "I had my quirk activated so it didn't hurt."

"Oh!"

After a while, all of the groups had returned. There were only two more groups that managed to get out without being tagged; Sero and Kuroiro and Asui and Kaibara. The rest were marked with colour. After Aizawa had talked about the results, Cementoss had removed the maze and everyone had gone and changed back into their uniforms, they headed back to lunch.

Mina was just about to follow her friends, when a voice stopped her in her tracks.

"Ashido...?" Came the accented voice.

"Huh?" Mina turned and smiled as a blush tiptoed onto her cheeks. "Hi, Aoyama! What can I do for you?"

"I... I was... I was wondering if you'd like t-to..." He stammered but then tried to recompose himself. He took a deep breath and started again. "I Was Wondering If You'd Like To Go Out On A Date With Me!"

Mina just stood there, unable to respond but blush becoming more furious. She had to say something, but what? Instead, there were two teenagers, standing in the hall, both blushing, confused and embarrassed.

Hi everyone!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Below is a link to the AoMina Spotify playlist I have created/working on, for you to listen to (if you want) while reading this story!

If the pink doesn't work, just DM me or mention it in the comments!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7kesO7So4PQqwE2vHCjs5c?si=Zrzglpf-TQ6CefHqgdoW5g&pt=61452e54f47283ce5af50ef844a9201c