Chapter 14

[3rd Person POV]

[3rd Person POV]

It was the morning of the coronation and you could practically hear the chaos, it was very lively at sunrise in the palace. If you call running all over the place lively, that is.

The sun wasn't even up yet, but people were already getting ready for the big day.

After all, this will be the most important day in Sumeru history.

They wanted to be ready for the ceremony as soon as possible since the whole nation will pretty much be there, in the grand ball room of the huge palace.

Kings and Queens from other nations will also arrive so the workers must make sure that everything is extremely perfect.

Other noble families have also been invited to attend the celebration.

Of course not every day has a celebration like this one, but every time a monarch has died, they do and so naturally, every single thing needs to look absolutely perfect for the public eyes.

"You look very handsome, my lord." Kaveh comments, clearing his voice and trying to be nice for once despite holding small grudges against Al Haitham who finds every chance to tease him.

"Mm. You don't look to bad yourself. Although, your collar is little off and you can work on liking me a little bit more since you'll be by my side, forever." Al Haitham says in a teasing tone to Kaveh who just looks at Al Haitham as if he wanted to shove his shoe up his butt hole.

"That's the idea though, yeah?" Al Haitham says again with a wink while looking around.The guards are looking down but then Al Haitham notices something.

One of them is staring back at him with a suspicious stare. It took him a few seconds to figure out what exactly the man was staring at because he was too busy looking at the guards.

He turns his head to see what the guard was staring at and he sees a young woman standing behind the guards. It was (Y/N) who was still in her regular daily clothes that she would wear.

"I hope I'm not disturbing anything..." She says very timidly, her hands behind her back while looking at the two.

Al Haitham shakes his head with a slight smile while looking back at her.

He knows how much she dislikes seeing the guards acting very intimidating just by the look of her face and the only way to make things better is by talking to her without them in the room.

"You two can leave the room, just wait outside and don't let anyone in unless it is my sister or Lady Viva." He commands and just like that, they exit out the room, closing the door behind them.

Once the door was closed completely, Al Haitham looks back at Y/N who is just nervously biting on her lip.

"What brings you here? Aren't you preparing for today?" He asks as he walks over to her and gives her a quick hug before letting go of her.