Chapter 16

[(Y/N) POV]

[(Y/N) POV]

My accomplice beside me looked at Cyno, staring him down and despite being short, Cyno doesn't let that bother him.

I just stood there, feeling uncomfortable due to the atmosphere that was created until Nahida cleared her throat and smiled.

"I'm sure he wants to protect (Y/N) since people have been targeting her lately, it is a good idea to have the extra protection." She says, folding her arms over her chest and standing very proudly.

'I wish that was the case Nahida...'

It's difficult to give them any sort of sign so that they knew something was going on. I'm pretty sure they do know by the way I talked was off putting but it is still not enough of hint for them.

"You're not much of a talker, are you?" Cyno says with an intimidating voice at the tall man beside me.

From the corner of my eyes, he just nods without uttering a word just incase they figure out that it is 'him'.

Footsteps came from behind Nahida and Cyno and I avert my gaze to see Kaveh and two other men from what I assume by their clothing, another nation.

"Kaveh! You look really handsome!" Nahida compliments his appearance and you could see him try not be embarrassed by that.

"You think so? I mean your brother did say the same thing."

"You should take it as a nice compliment, it's not everyday where you hear big brother showering his praises and positive comments."

He just sighs, placing a hand over his heart. I'm guess he's not used to Al Haitham being nice to him once in a while.

"Diluc. Captain Kaeya." Cyno says, giving the two men just slightly behind Kaveh a nod.

"General Cyno, it is a pleasure to meet you. Also, just call me Kaeya, I'm not one for title names." The man with Yale blue hair jesters with content.

"Well, I'll say the same thing too."

The man, Kaeya turns to me and notices my figure in which he walks towards me, leaving the red hair man to stand there, awkwardly.

"Hello Miss, I believe we have never met before." He says, taking my left hand and bringing up to his lips.

"A-Ah. Yes, my name is (Y/N) (L/N), pleasure to meet you Kaeya..."

"Alberich."

He leaves a small peck on the back of my left hand and I just rubbed it off. He was only being polite, nothing else.

"Hello to you too Princess Nahida, you look amazing as always. Something about you pair of siblings just makes you naturally look beautiful. Of course though, only the Kamisato siblings are the real models." He jokes.