Chapter 18

[3rd Person POV]

[3rd Person POV]

"Congratulations." She says, hoping he would let go but he didn't. He's been longing for her to be in his arms after a long day.

"Thank you." He said in response, squeezing her shoulders.

She squirmed in his hold, feeling herself warm up inside and hoping he would stop doing whatever he is trying to do in front of everyone. 'They most likely have the wrong idea, sort of...' She thought to herself. 

Sensing this, he didn't push her any further and decided to take a seat a long with everyone else following in with pursuit.

Nilou stayed standing and immediately reached out for the wine bottle that was in the centre of the table with the other drinks like water and juice.

"I think it's only appropriate that we make toast to his majesty and bask in this moment she says."

"Not without us you won't."

They saw Dehya, Candace, Tighnari and Collei come who all rushed to them. "Can't start the real party without us too." Dehya says, taking a seat next to Nilou and Candace following right next to her.

Tighnari took his seat next to Cyno and Collei sat in between Candace and Tighnari. "Now the whole group is here, let's make a toast."

Nilou poured in wine for everyone other than Collei and Nahida who both had juice instead. Surprisingly Nilou poured herself a glass, well, it is a night to remember so why not.

She signalled the guard to gather their attention and the room had became quiet, waiting for her to speak.

"Now, we can't start this night without making a toast to our King. Let us all toast. To King Al Haitham!"

"To King Al Haitham!" Everyone followed and joined in as soon as she said it.

The room became loud again, but that was fine, this is a night to celebrate with everyone after all.

(Y/N) finished her wine within one shot and wiped the corner of her lips with the handkerchief that was in front of her before standing up.

"Excuse me, I'm just going to go get some fresh air." She says, before leaving the table and going back out the same door she came in from.

Her head felt like they had really tight knots so she was hoping for them to release with the nice cold air and breeze.

The garden in front of the great hall was lit by candles and flowers placed in a row on both sides along with some lights and lanterns hung high above.

It gave the gardens an ethereal look, almost making her forget what has happened earlier.

The moon shone brightly on the sky and stars which decorated it beautifully. She took a seat on the bench, the cold marble really giving her body a tingling sensation but it was quite the pleasant feeling.