𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

Song: idk 🥲

Waking up was the most stressful thing I had ever done. Today was the day. The day the 74th Annual Hunger Games begins.

I was a nervous wreck, shaking, crying and everything in between. I didn't help that Annie and Finnick basically wanted to kill me at this point.

Telling myself I was a career didn't help either. I thought it would, it didn't.

No one talked at breakfast, Raven and I gobbled down our food, while Annie and Finnick just sat there thinking.

I got ready in my gear, a black shirt with green army pants, and a thin brown jacket. I put my hair into a side fishtail braid and tied my brown army boots.

I stepped inside the device to take me to the arena. I sat next to the boy from 8 and the girl from 3.

A worker put a tracker in my arm, I looked around to see 23 nervous faces. Even the other careers looked scared.

After a few minutes we landed and I was put in an underground tunnel. I saw my stylist, I couldn't even remember her name.

I just looked at her and started crying, I was probably gonna die anyway, so it didn't matter if I cried to a random capital prissy.

She hugged me as I cried into her puffy blue dress. "I know I'm just a random person you won't remember, but just know I believe in you"

I didn't respond, I didn't have to.

She then pulled out a thing of black paint and drew a line in between my cheeks and under eyes.

"It's war paint" she smiled

"Thank you" I smiled as a singular tear dropped down my face.

I heard an automated voice say I had 30 seconds left.

I took a deep breath and stepped in the portal.

I bit my lip as it started moving upward. The sun hit my eyes and I couldn't see anything, then I saw it.

60

59

58

I looked at my surroundings and saw the cornucopia and a forest. I saw a bow and arrow and then I saw Clove.

She nodded and looked at me, I nodded back.

45

44

43

I knew I was the favorite and that the camera was on me. I knew I took everyone by surprise with the black paint on my face.

33

32

31

I closed my eyes and counted until we had 10 second left

10

9

8

You got this, you've trained your whole life for this

7

6

5

You have a plan, stick with it

4

3

2

1

"Let the 74th annual Hunger Games begin"