𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

Game of Survival - Ruelle
"Are we the hunters? Or are we the prey?"

[⌖]

"There's a fire!" Cato shouts. I grab my stuff and run in the direction of one of the fires. I get there and see it's empty. "Little shit!" I scream, knowing this must have been Katniss. I

stomp my boot to the ground as I let out a groan of annoyance.

I hear a scream to stop my little temper tantrum. I go completely silent as I listen for the screams.

They're from Rue, the little girl from 11. I run to the sounds of screams but I'm too late.

By the time I arrive at the scene, I see Marvel on the ground as a canon goes off. I see that Rue has a spear in her stomach as Katniss holds her.

She looks up at me, doesn't even reach for the bow and arrow. I don't reach for any of my weapons either.

I just stare at the scene, my heart hurting a bit as I watch the light fade out of the little girl's eyes. Horror floods through me as I watch Katniss close the girls eyes.

She's dead. She's dead. She's dead. They're all dead. I've killed people. Marvel's dead. Glimmer's dead.

Eventually I meet Katniss's eyes. I just shake my head before turning and bolting in the other direction.

Tears start streaming down my face as I'm running.

I run face first into another person and get thrown to the ground. To my relief, it's Clove.

[⌖]

"So you didn't kill Katniss?" She asks me.

We found our way to a cave and have settled there for the night. I shake my head. "No, she ran to quickly." I lie.

I could've killed her, she was right there.

I hear a beep, must be a sponsor. I open it and see it's a piece of bread and note. "You're growing soft." - F.

I tear the piece in half and throw it to the other side of the cave.

"What did it say?" Clove questions. "Nothing." I smile lightly to reassure her. She doesn't seem convinced but lets it go.

"You got to bed, I'll keep watch." I say, she nods and goes to bed.

I think about the paper, why didn't I kill Katniss?

Why am I becoming so weak? What's wrong with me. I don't know. Five words keep repeating in my head.

We're all going to die.

No.

We're already dead, aren't we?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shorter chapter this week, but it's super important for the story!

see you next week<3 (or whenever I update the story)

status: not edited

word count: 453 words