Chapter 1

a/n: aaand hi, welcome! thank you for taking an interest! feedbacks are encouraged and appreciated :3  

Jennie exhales, disturbing the quiet vapor around her as she slides down deeper into the bathtub, the tip of her chin touching the surface of the fragrant water. She eyes the red petals of the flower's aimless floating. It's her night. After the midterms beat her ass and stole lots of her beauty rest, Jennie deserves the entirety of the bathroom-- especially the bathtub, although she has way bigger than this tiny tub back in Seoul, she decided she can make do with what she had here. They serve her the same purpose anyway, space was not really important right now.

Since she started living away from her parents, one she does not want to admit was an impulsive decision on her part and is too ashamed to go back on her words, Jennie learned to appreciate every small thing she has-- well, except the house isn't entirely hers. She shares it with the last person she had in mind when she first planned on housing with someone so she could afford the rent.

Lisa was a schoolmate back in high school in Korea. She was always with her cousin, Jisoo, and that's the only reason Jennie knows her. When Jennie first came to New York, she wanted to contact a relative but decided against it, thinking she's got enough money in her bank to have her own place. That was quickly shot down in flames when she looked at the prices in every apartment she visited, her eyes were bulging out the whole time. 

Sure, she's got like ten grand in her bank account-- courtesy of her Mom who wanted her to stay with them but-- "Mom, Dad, I can't grow here. I feel like it's time for me to go somewhere and start a new life." -- her Mom reluctantly let her go and asked her Dad to give her pocket money to help her get started at least, to which her father agreed without further questions. They wanted to give her more, but she was so confident then that she just walked away after a brief bye and a flying kiss.

Oh, how she wants to smack her silly little head.

She wanted to contact her parents then and ask for extra money-- she desperately needed her Mommy and Daddy's help but she just couldn't make herself do it. Then came her best friend residing in Manhattan, Roseanne, who referred her back to her cousin who she did not know was studying at NYU for her Bachelor's degree (that idiot, she thought when she knew about it) and then referred her to a 'friend' who is conveniently looking for a housemate because rents are going batshit.

Enter Lisa. She's okay. There are just times when Jennie just wanna smother her with a pillow while she sleeps if only she does not keep her door locked every night. Lisa is a good housemate, in the five months that they've been living together, she never failed to always keep the house clean, especially the kitchen (Of course Jennie helps, but what does she know about cleaning, she can just thwack down the middle side of their throw pillows so it'd look nice on their couch, like those she sees in TikTok and YouTube). One small issue though, Lisa almost always keeps the bathtub off-limits. Something about the water consumption Jennie didn't really understand because she could surely pay that part!

Well, not until she saw the price she had to pay. It did not stop Jennie, of course.

Sure, her heart palpitated for a moment, but she did not let it show and hid it really well (although she was already cursing a mile a minute, fuck fuck fuck I have only six thousand and three dollars left I still don't have a job I need Mommy to send me-- shit no--).  So maybe she listened a little about water consumption. Just not tonight though.