Chapter 5

a/n: HA! I am back! Gah, Jennie nailed it in Coachella! (well, all the girls did). Anyway, here's chapter 5, it's the longest one yet, with about 5.2k words in it. I hope you enjoy this one!

(also any feedback? I'd appreciate it!)

The clock strikes two in the morning, and all is eerily quiet in the house. The darkness is thick and oppressive, broken only by the soft glow of a small lamp that Lisa can't recall turning on. As she settles down beside her daughter, she tries to flex her toes and feels them starting to go numb. Suddenly, she realizes that there is now a blanket pulled up to her chin, cocooning her in a warm embrace. 

As Lisa turns her head to survey the room, her gaze is drawn to the faint light emanating from under Jennie's bedroom door.

Lisa contemplated first and then,

"Jennie..?" Lisa whispers, knocking on her housemate's door. She looks back at the girl sleeping heavily on the couch and then to the door she just knocked on.

Lisa's voice trailed off as she posed her question, not really expecting a response. To her surprise, the door creaked open a fraction, revealing a sliver of Jennie's bare face peeking through the crack.

"What?" Jennie's voice was groggy and muffled, but clear enough to be heard in the stillness of the night.  

As Jennie stood there, her face illuminated by the dim light, Lisa struggled to find the words to express her thoughts. It was as if the silence of the night had sapped all of her ability to communicate. She was left standing there, gazing at Jennie.

Lisa's breath caught in her throat as she beheld Jennie's soft beauty in the early morning light. Her heart raced, and she felt a strange warmth spread throughout her body. She had to clear her throat before she could speak, acutely aware of the heat rising in her cheeks.

"I'm just... " Lisa trailed off, the lump in her throat growing more pronounced. "Ah, can we talk?" she finally managed to blurt out, her eyes fixed on Jennie's face.

Jennie's features were a study in gentle elegance, with her rosy cheeks and smooth, unblemished skin. Lisa found herself drawn to the narrow slits of her eyes, now laced with the remnants of sleep. Her eyebrows were immaculately groomed, adding to the overall impression of a woman who took great care of her appearance.

Despite her feelings of warmth and unease, Lisa couldn't help but admire Jennie's delicate beauty. She longed to reach out and touch her plump cheeks, feeling a strange itch in her fingers.

Did Lisa wake her up? Oh no, did I disturb her rest?

Jennie rubbed at her tired eyes, her face scrunched up in a frown as her lower lip jutted out slightly. When she finally spoke, her small voice was drawling and soft, like the whisper of a gentle breeze.

"What do we have to talk about?" Jennie's words seemed to enchant Lisa, who stood there rooted to the spot, lost in thought. She was supposed to say something, but her mind was a jumbled mess of confusion and desire.