High School

Oh no.

Miyoung didn't like what she saw at the announcement board. The green board was covered by hundreds names of the new students that could make it to this high school. They devided by rows, and each rows indicating which class the students belong to.

Her name and Hope weren't in the same row.

Glancing to the robot, she began to worry about how to overcome this without Hope by her side. She was always with Hope, everytime. Through elementary until junior high school, she was always placed in the same class with Hope. So this was practically a shock for her.

"Hope..." she whispered. The robot pat her head in a calming manner.

"Don't worry, our class is near by the way."

"Promise me you will come to my class and accompany me on lunch?" Miyoung asked.

Hope smiled, assuring her, "Of course, who am I going to spend break time beside you, anyway."

Miyoung huffed, dragging the robot out of the crowd. She didn't want to see the announcement board anymore since she was already upset because of it.

"I don't know, you are always popular so it won't be surprising if you find another friends and forget me, who will decaying from loneliness in the other class," the girl said dramatically. With that, the robot emmited a chuckle. He messed her hair, earning a displeased whine from the girl.

"You are worrying too much. Should I kneel in front of you now and give my vow that I will always be by your side?"

Miyoung give him a mocking glance, "Try then."

She thought the robot was too embarassed to do that, but then he started to kneel. Embarassed, Miyoung laughed and told him to stood up.

"I thought you are joking!"

"I'm a pretty serious robot, you know," he smiled, "I'm sure you will do fine even if we are not in the same class."

Miyoung still troubled, but then she breathed out, smiled nervously.

"If you started to feel lonely in class, just whisper my name three times and I will barge into your class immediately." Hope said jokingly.

Miyoung laughed, "I bet you will really do it since you are a serious robot."

"Yeah. But too bad I'm not provided super hearing to hear your whisper."

---

Miyoung was sweating in her seat. She tried to appear as if she was busy with her phone, but she can't tune off the voices around her. She fidgeted nervously, waiting for Hope's text reply. Well, she didn't have any better things to do, and she was still awkward with the foreign atmosphere. But the robot was taking a long time. He must be busy making his own friends. She huffed, glancing at her phone for the umpteenth times before looking around her.

She didn't know anyone here. There were a few faces she recognized from her old school, but she never talked to them before.

It looks like everyone already friendly with each other. Or at least, they were trying too. There were only few students who was alone and not trying to mingle, just like her. She looked at the girl on the other corner of the class. She was alone, reading some magazine. Maybe she could try to talked to her. But the next second Miyoung found herself retracting. What if she was not in the mood to talk? She pursed her lips. Maybe she will try on another time.

It's look like the teacher was late. Looking at her phone again, Miyoung sighed. She wanted the awkward atmosphere around her to dissipated. If only Hope was here...

"Feeling sad because you weren't in the same class with your boyfriend?"

Miyoung startled, immediately looking forward. There was this cute girl with brown hair, sitting in the desk right in front of her, turning around as she displayed a friendly smile. Miyoung blinked, nervous and confused. Okay, this was the first time a student here talking to you, don't messed up, Miyoung said to herself.

"Boyfriend?" she asked. The girl's smile widened.

"Yeah, I saw you with your boyfriend earlier this morning. You guys are so cute." Miyoung blushed. So, it's Hope.

"And it seems like he was not in this class. It's okay. I have boyfriend in another class too, and I know how it feels to be separated from your loved ones." she said, then laughing at her own choice of words. Miyoung joined her laughter softly.

"Why are you so cheesy, Yoonji?" said the girl who sat beside her. She was reading the school brochure we got earlier, but it seems like she was paying attention to our conversation. She was pretty contrast with the cute girl. With black, long hair, she appeared to look more serious. She didn't look really friendly.

The Yoonji girl only squinted her eyes at the other girl before she brushed her off.

"Just ignore her. Anyway, I'm Yoonji. And this rude girl here is Hanmi."

Miyoung nodded in acknowledgement. But inside, she was squealing in delight. Hope, I was making new friends without you!

"I'm Miyoung." she said, smiled.

"Great, Miyoung! Ah, we will be partner to fight the loneliness of having boyfriend in another class."

Ah, yes. She still thought Hope was her boyfriend. Miyoung giggled at the thought. She can't say he was her robot though.

"He was my cousin by the way." she blurted off, and it's earning a funny, surprised face from Yoonji. The girl then leaned forward to Miyoung, seems curious.

"So, you guys into incest?" this got Miyoung blushed.

"No! We are just cousin. No romantic feeling involved." she explained. Honestly, she never saw Hope in that way, even though they weren't really cousin. He was a robot after all.

"But you guys looks really close. I can't believe it." Yoonji said still in disbelief.

"That leaves you in your stupid "boyfriend in another class" club alone," Hanmi interjected. Her sentence a little bit rude, but looking at how Yoonji responded, it looks like both of them was really close.

"But I still have you, since you have Seokjin." Yoonji replied in a mocking way.

Hanmi squinted her eyes, looked pissed, "Jin wasn't my boyfriend."

Yoonji shrugged, "Okay, deny all you want," but then the girl started to sing an embarassing song about Hanmi and this Seokjin guy. It took Hanmi to covered the loud girl mouth with her hand to stop her from singing.

Miyoung just laughed looking at her new friends. At least the awkward wall around her had broken down. Then she felt her phone buzzed. She looked down, to see a text from Hope. Ah, Hope. She giggled softly as she thought she almost forgot him.

It's made her happy that she actually could make friends without Hope by her side. But then again, Hope was the reason that Yoonji talked to her first. So, indirectly, Hope helped her. Wasn't this robot so precious? Even when he was not here, he was still helping her in another way.

'How are you doing there?"

Hope's text was short, but clearly he was worried.

Miyoung smiled, typed her message, 'Great, I'm making friends. Thanks to you.'

Pressing the send button, she then darted her attention to Yoonji and Hanmi again who was talking about their old school and immediately ask her too.