Staying Late

"Maybe you should push it a little bit... No!"

"Ugh, Miyoung, I need to concentrate."

"Okay... Just do it slowly."

"I know. I'm almost-"

Miyoung immediately shut her eyes tight and covered her ears as she saw the block Hope trying to push unbalanced the high Jenga tower they built together. Soon the noises of the crumbling blocks filled her room, followed by a desperate grunt of a man.

"Almost!"

Miyoung giggled, opening her eyes to see the blocks scattered on the table.

"I told you not to choose the middle one, that block was pressed tightly from the bottom and the top of it." the girl explained, but Hope just huffed.

"Well I'm sorry, I don't have tactile perception to differentiate which block is easy to remove and which block is hard." Miyoung giggled at his excuse.

It was 2 in the morning. Thanks God that today was day-off that Miyoung couldn't sleep and Hope had to accompany her. Because Hope was pretty good at playing playstation (Miyoung assume it's because he was related to the console, both of them were machine) so she choose to play Jenga. Hope was not that good at this kind of game and they play fair. Well, the loser had to do dare that's why she need a fair game.

"I dare you to get me snacks."

"That sounded like an order than a dare." said Hope as he pile the blocks. Miyoung shrugged, sticked out her toungue.

"A dare is a dare."

"Lazy human."

Hope quietly strut to the kitchen, being aware that the rest of the people in the house was already sleeping. The light was dim, but enough for him to proceed forward without trouble. It was kind of nostalgic, walking to the kitchen in the middle of the night to get Miyoung water when she used to get nightmares frequently. She rarely got it again, the nightmare.

Grabbing few snacks of the girl's request, Hope walked back to her room. As he was about to ascended the stair, he stopped when he saw daddy.

"Hope." the man called. His hair was pretty messy, but not because of the bed. Looking at his clothes, probably the man was coming back from the laboratory.

"Are you guys still up?" Hope nodded then explained that Miyoung couldn't sleep. Daddy was not as strict as mother, so he would just acknowledge it.

"By the way, Miyoung hadn't gave me the monthly report for this month. Please remind her," daddy said, mentioning the report of Hope every month that Miyoung need to write as a control. The man then said good night before walking to his room. Hope didn't miss his tired smile. Daddy looked kind of tired nowadays, his new project should be pretty hard. Suddenly, Hope become worried.

Hope drop the snacks he brought to the table. And Miyoung sqeualing in delight.

"Why do you like chocolate so much." Hope said, wasn't really questioning. They already began another round and Miyoung was munching on her chocolate when she try to took another block from the tower.

"It's delicious," she said as the block was out, "Maybe we should tell daddy to include you with sensor of taste, and touch."

Hope was still trying pulling this one block when his program remind him to remind Miyoung, "Oh yes, I met daddy when I went to the kitchen, and he asked for your report."

"Oh yes, I forget about it, I will give it later then."

One hour later and Miyoung finally started to feel sleepy. They were currently playing monopoly, and Miyoung was leading. She can't just leave when she was this rich.

"You are pretty hopeless at this game," Miyoung laughed when once again Hope's character fell to her land and had to pay. The robot sighed, giving her the money.

That's when they heard a scream, coming down from below.

"Mother's." Hope whispered as he recognize the voice. He immediately get up and run, Miyoung following shortly behind of him. They burst into the room, to find mother terrified face as she hold daddy's trembling body.

He was trembling really hard, and his lips turn blue. Miyoung lost the colors on her face as she rush hastily to the bed. Hope immediately called the emergency. Fortunately his program was connected with telephone so he almost could make a call right away.

"Daddy!" she called. She held him close, scared. This was the first time she saw the man was like this. And she didn't know what happened. They just could wish everything's going to be okay.

But when the emergency staffs coming, daddy already stopped trembling. And they informed his heart was stopped, due to sudden heart attack. And they couldn't save him.

Daddy was leaving them forever.

There was a long scream as Miyoung heard this, before she fell limped to the ground, unconscious.