Public School

The scenery outside the car window turned blurry as the car drove by. Miyoung placed her hand on the window, watching how a big tree passed her by before completely disappeared. Her fingers tap softly on the glass surface. Her feet keep kicking forward, but not far enough to hit the driver seat in front of her.

She was nervous. Today was the first day of school, public school to be specific. After a year of home schooling, Daddy finally decide her to go to public school again. After she got Hope, slowly, her social skill improved. She didn't shun herself when she met new people, she could make a small talk. Even though actually she can't do it if there was no Hope around. But Daddy believe she could did it with or without Hope little by little. And the very first step was going to public school.

Miyoung bite her upper lips. She remembered that time when she was at kindergarten. She cried when Mother left her at the class. And after that she didn't want to go to school anymore. What if such embarassed thing like that happened again.

"Hey," Miyoung raised her eyebrows as she heard Hope's voice. She looked away from the window to the robot. Hope wearing similar uniform as her, and the clothes made him somewaht cuter.

"Are you nervous?" he asked worrily. Miyoung raised her eyebrows again, still biting her upper lips as she shook her head.

Hope then reach out to grab her hand. A wide smile plastered on his face as he did it.

"Don't worry, you have me."

The grasp on her hand tighten.

Miyoung slowly smiled. The view of her new school was getting closer. But somehow, she didn't feel that nervous anymore.

---

Miyoung successfully introduce herself in front of the class. Stuttering few words, but it's okay. Her hold on Hope's hand was never once loosened. Fortunately, all of the students thought they were cousin and Miyoung was still nervous, that's why she hold on him like he was her life.

Hope himself did good. The whole class was already set their eyes on Hope. Being the cheerful, cute and smart boy was easy to make the class fall in love with him. Even he already showed how smart he was when the teacher asked if anyone know the answer of the question on the board. All of the students cheer for him.

"Hope, you know how to do this?" a girl behind them tap his back and asked the boy when the teacher go for awhile and told them to do some work. Hope just smiled, explaining how to do it in a simple way. Not too long after that, the girl near them asked him too.

Miyoung clutched his hand. She felt somewhat forgotten. She felt somewhat all of this people tried to stole her friend. Hope glance to her, then smiling.

"Hmm... I don't know how to do this one. You could ask Miyoung! She is really good in math!" Miyoung blinked at Hope sudden comment. She look at Hope in panic, eyes widened. Then one of the girl start to leaned to her table, asking her how to do it. Miyoung analyze the question then started to explain it. Good things she already learnt it when she was homeschooling. When she was explaining, her voice slowly get louder when the other student asked her twice. And slowly she didn't stutter that much anymore.

Other student started to gather near her. Hope smiled as he looks at how Miyoung without her realization was making friends. But when he was about to retracted his hand from Miyoung's grasp, the girl tightened it. The robot blinked, but then smiling again. Letting the girl grasp on his hand as long as she want.