I Am A Robot!

"You are the best gift I've ever had. I love daddy for making you." Miyoung said happily as she told Hope to sit on her bed.

"He knows that I want a friend for my birthday, isn't that great?" Hope nodded to Miyoung's question, smiling.

"I'm glad that Mr. Kim made me too." Hope replied as the boy laying his back on the bed. His hand reached out, and Hope examined each fingers of his.

"You should call him daddy too, Hope! He is the one who make you so he is your dad also." the girl flopped to the bed, sitting beside Hope.

"Okay, daddy!" he said cheerfully before both of them laughing.

After some short of good laugh, Miyoung started to poke Hope's cheek out of nowhere.

"Why?" Hope asked, but letting the girl did what she want.

"Are you sure you are a robot?" she asked as she now playing with the edge of his synthetic hair.

Hope blinked before he sat up on the bed, nodded firmly. He was about to reach the edge of his blue shirt and pulled it off when Miyoung shrieked and closed her eyes.

"Why are you stripping?!" she said in panic. Hope laughing as he grab Miyoung's hand so she could see him. Miyoung peeked through her eyelids, and slowly opened her eyes.

Hope push his left chest, and then she could heard a clicked sound. The boy opened the lid on his chest then revealing some machine part that seems so difficult for Miyoung. She just look at it in awe, itching to touch it.

"Is this prove you enough that I'm a robot?"

Miyoung nodded, then reach out to touch it.

"That port is used if daddy need to input some datas to me." he explained as Miyoung ran her finger to a weird rectangle hole.

"What is this?" she asked as she pointed a green square that poked out a little from the surface.

"The logs of what I've done and learned. It recorded your daily activity too."

Miyoung nodded few times, before looking at Hope.

"I don't understand," she said smiling. Hope chuckled at her before closing the lid on his chest.

"I could put off my head too," Miyoung look at Hope in disbelief as he said it.

"For real?!"

"Kidding!!" Hope laughed, "I would be broken if I did that. Moreover, the latex skin on my body is pretty strong that something like that can't be happening."

"Hope, I don't understand your daddy's language." she said innocently, saying the difficult words as "Daddy's Language" just because she always heard her dad talking using words she didn't quite understand. Hope once again laughing at her cute attitude.

Then a low, weird sound coming from Hope's body. Miyoung widened her eyes in panic, "Hope, what happened?"

The boy just smiling, reaching out on his back to open something. He turned around so Miyoung could see his back got some lid like on his left chest. When Miyoung opened it, a loop of big wire was sitting there.

"Please plug it into a socket, my battery is low." Hope requested. Miyoung blinked her eyes before she reached out the wire, laughing.

"So you are really a robot." she said as she plug it into a socket, "You are apparently like a phone. This is so cool." she said.

Hope nodded as he grinned at her.

But then Miyoung's smile turned into a frown slowly, and Hope immediately sense it thanks for his censor.

"What's wrong?"

"Should I turned you off now? Daddy said I can't play with my phone if it charged. So it apply to you too, right?"

Hope chuckled, "Yes, but you don't have to turned me off."

"I actually still want to play with you, Hope. This is the first time I got friends beside Eunbi and Minji. And they love to talked about something I don't know. Can we just talk till I got sleepy?" the girl pleaded, listing the name of her favorite maids. Hope reached out his hand to brush her hair.

"Sure, since this is our first day as friend! What do you want to talk?"

Miyoung tapped her chin in thinking manner, "You prefer crayon or colored pencil?"

"Crayon," Hope answered immediately.

"Why?"

"Because my program said so," Miyoung frown as she didn't understood.

"What's your favorite color?"

"Green."

"Why do you have favorite color? You are a robot?" she protested, but Hope just give his usual laugh.

"I don't know. Daddy programmed me to have favorite things, some story to tell you, and many more."

Miyoung looked at him in amusement, "Really?"

Hope nodded, "Want to know more?"

Miyoung nodded as she felt excited about it. She started to ask many things, and Hope's will answer it like he was a normal seven years old boy.

They talked till Miyoung finally yawned and feel sleepy. When the drowsiness take over her, she sleep with a smile lingering on her face. Her small hand grasping on Hope finger, as if she was scared to lose her new friend.

Hope smiled before he sat on the chair near Miyoung's bed, "Good night, Miyoung." he whispered before his program shut down.