Please, Don't Go

"I want to eat chocolate, Hope. Accompany me to the kitchen?" Miyoung pleaded, pulling on her robot companion's to grab his attention.

"But your mother won't like it if you eat chocolate before you sleep,  Miyoung." Hope said, eyes not moving from the tablet in the table which showing an anime. Miyoung scoffed.

"She is already sleeping, I know. Just this one night?"

Hope sighed, pausing the anime then he made an eye gesture toward his back, indicating that he was charging.

"Okay then, I will get it by myself."

Miyoung immediately get up from her bed and make fast, little steps to the kitchen. Gladly, her lovely father always spoiled her with stack of chocolate in the fridge. Even though her mother always got angry if she ate it too much, still it won't stop Miyoung from eating her favorite sweet. Tip-toed toward the kitchen, Miyoung can't wait to feel the chocolate melted in her mouth.

"The robot won't do any good to her," Miyoung stopped on her track as she heard her mother's voice coming from the kitchen. Peeking from the curtain that covered the kitchen door, the girl could see her parents sitting on the dining table. Her mother's back was on her, so she can't see her face. But she could see Daddy sitting calmly in front of her, stirring on his coffee.

"But she is making some friends at school. My robot is a good influence to her."

Mother shook her head in disapproval. Miyoung frowned as she saw this.

"But she grew to attached to the robot. Yes she is making friends. But all she talked is about this robot did this, this robot did that. Won't you think that her world just revolve around the robot?"

Miyoung bite her upper lips as she heard how her mother talk like Hope was some kind of pest. He has a name mom, not just the robot!

"I hate debating about this with you." Daddy said before he sipped his coffee, "I don't think Hope is a bad influence to her."

"I hate that robot. He is not a real human. That's not a good thing for our daughter." Mother's words make Miyoung feel sad. How could mom didn't like Hope?

"Until when you want to keep that robot?"

Daddy sipped his coffee again. Miyoung prayed that his father will tell her that he will going to keep Hope forever.

"Until she could make friends by her own."

"She already make friends by herself. I don't see we have any reason to keep him anymore. We should deactivate him before it's too late. Do you want your daughter grew too attached with him? He is not a real human. You should see the problem here, honey."

Daddy sighed, then shook his head. No dad, you should stand on your ground for Hope, Miyoung thought in panic.

"Deactivate him tonight, it's better if she feel sad now than she feel sadder later."

When Miyoung heard a low "okay" from her father, she took off immediately. Her heart racing. Her eyes started to get watery. Hope, she should save Hope! She didn't want to lose her!

"Hope!" she called, making the robot look at her immediately. Miyoung rushed to him. She plug off the charger of Hope, pushed the button on his body which could rolled in the wire fastly. Hope looking at her confusedly as the girl drag his hand.

"Miyoung, wha-"

"Sshh!!" she sushed, opened her closet door and told Hope to go in. The robot obeyed, even though there were many questions running in his head. The girl was crying, and he was really worried about that. Miyoung closed the closet door tightly, hoping that her parents won't found them here. She told Hope to move, hiding behind the dresses before she sat herself in front of him.

"Miyoung, what's wrong?"

She sobbed, before taking his hand in her grasps, "I won't let them take you away from me." she said in a whisper, as if she was scared someone will hear her.

"What?" Hope questioned, confused. He pulled one of his hand, then brush the side of her head.

"They are going to kill you." she said with a trembled voice, "I don't want it. I don't want to lose you."

Hope blinked his eyes, "What?"

"They are going to take you away from me. I don't understand, but mom said something about detavitate you. And I know it means they are going to take you away."

"Deactivate?" Hope chuckled as he heard Miyoung mispronounced it, "But why?" his voice turn into a sad one.

"I don't know..." she sobbed, then hugging him. "Why they want to take you? You are my only friend. So what's the point of giving you to me? I finally have a friend, but now? Hope, if they tried to take you, could you release your ultimate weapon or something?"

Hope giving a soft laugh, "I don't have such a thing, Miyoung."

Miyoung choked on her tears, feeling Hope's hand stroked her hair softly.

"...I don't want to lose you... You are my Hope..."

Hope humming, telling her that he won't leave her. His embrace tightened. The news make him feel anxious as well. What if it was real?

As he kept stroking her hair, calming her and told her everything is going to be okay. He himself was not sure about tomorrow.

---

The alarm went off on seven straight. Miyoung squinted her eyes, feeling annoyed at the loud sound.

"Hope, could you press the snooze button. Let me sleep for 5 minutes more..."

She asked in slurry voice. Miyoung pulled her blanket until her neck, snuggling comfortably inside of it. But her annoying alarm was keep ringing.

"Hope, please-"

Then she realized something.

Miyoung immediately get up from her bed, eyes widened. She look to the small sofa where usually Hope was there, charging. He was not there. Her heart beating fast, her stomach crunched in a weird feeling.

She run her sight all over the room.

He was not in the room.

He was not anywhere.