Eulogy

a/n: .... I know.... It's been five years. Oh my God it's been five years.... I'm sorry I let you guys down by abandoning this fanfic :") I do really love this fanfic, but writing has been a struggle for me these years. And here I am now. I don't want to get your hopes up in case I ran away again from this fanfic but thank you for those who read and voted this fanfic. 

Okay, that's the end of author's note.. this is a short chapter but, baby steps okay.. baby steps :') uhhh.... enjoy... *run*

---

The next day passed in a blur of black and tears. Hope glanced to his side, to see Miyoung clutched onto his tuxedo, once again wetting the black fabric. Brushing her hair softly, the robot could only hope it's somehow could make her feel a little bit better.

It was so sudden for the great man to go. He was still here yesterday, displaying his fatherly smile like he usually did. He was still there at dinner last night, laughing at Miyoung who was accidentally pouring too much ketchup on her rice. He was still there to say goodnight. And Hope didn't know it will be the last time he heard his voice.

On his other side, mother was sitting in black dress as she sometimes smiles to the people who came to send their condolences. She looked really strong, even though her eyes was swollen from the crying the day before. Hope furrowed his eyebrows, worried. He hoped she was okay, because he didn't know how to comfort her this time.

Miyoung was crying when she was delivering her eulogy. She stopped in the middle, and Hope continue reading it in her place. He didn't cry, he hope he can though. But he was not designed to cry. Human emotion is so complicated, he's not sure if he was blessed without it or not. His AI keeps searching for the way to cry throughout the funeral. Haven't succeeded so far.

"He was a great man, a great father, a genius. He taught me how to walk, to feed myself, to make people around me happy," Hope read from the script Miyoung have written. He wondered if she somehow looked into his chips because somehow he can relate to this. Without Father, the genius man who made him, he cannot walk in this world. He cannot feed human food but he can pretend to eat them for social interaction. At least he can change his oil by himself now, if that's comparable with 'feed myself'. But the most important thing he had taught is making the people around him happy. Or in this case, Miyoung.

"There are still so many things he can teach me, but now he's gone, who is going to teach me to survive this world?"

The gear in his system whirred loudly. Not loud enough for the people in the room but pretty loud to bother him. The notification behind his eyes told him the constant raise of temperature in his hardware. Hope shook his head lightly. He was searching for the answer of that question, somewhere, anywhere in his.

Who...?

The rest of the eulogy went blur for Hope. He just automatically read it, without really analyzing the words. He was sure it ended beautifully, just for the sake to please the people who heard it because he was sure Miyoung was still not fine. However, the words she has written etched perfectly in his AI and started to make the gears whirred on the back of his head. Even after he step down from the podium, shook his head, and start to reboot his program, the annoying sound doesn't go off.

Who?

The question start to multiply itself in his head. Like a virus, it started to corrupt his program.

Father has gone, forever. He was his maker, the man who give him the purpose to live. He was the one who fix things when they're broken. Hope has learned so little that he was not sure it was enough. Sure he was confident can fix this one virus just in a click, but what if something bigger came and took over his program?

What if one day he cannot find a way to survive in this world anymore?