[6] great loss

After being in my room for about 30 minutes I got a call, my hands started to shake as I turned the phone around to see the number

After being in my room for about 30 minutes I got a call, my hands started to shake as I turned the phone around to see the number. But was relieved when I saw that it was only Wes.

"Hey Zo. I know that there's a lot going on right now, but I was wondering if you wanted to come over for a little? We can watch movies, and my mom is picking up sushi, like we used to. We can pretend for a couple of hours that everything is fine and go back to normal." Wes asked me, I thought about it for a moment "Yeah sure, i'll leave soon." I said to the boy.

"Okay, i'm about to hop into the shower so if I don't answer the door just walk in." Wes said to me, "Okay, see you soon. Love you." I said to the boy. "Love you too Zo." Wes said hanging up the phone.

I brushed my hair and put on a new pair of clothes, my leg didn't hurt as much as before so I took an advil and grabbed my crutches. I should be fine to drive, right?

"Mom! I'm going to hangout with Wes!" I said to my mom, "Okay sweetie! Please be safe and text me as soon as you get there!" my mom replied. "Okay, bye I love you!" I said shutting the door before she could reply.

I got into the car and started to drive to Wes' house, listening to Taylor Swift on the way there. Once I got to his house I pulled into the driveway, parking behind Wes. I saw Judy's cop car parked on the side of the road, so I assumed she was already back.

I grabbed my crutches and started to walk to his door, I screamed in horror at the sight in front on me. Judy was laying dead on the floor, she was covered in blood and there was some coming out of the mouth also.

"Wes" I mumbled, I dropped my crutches and tried to run to the front door. I tried to open the door, but there was something blocking it. "You're so fucking smart Wes." I mumbled to myself.

I closed my eyes and pushed my entire body weight against the door and it busted open. Once it had opened I fell to the floor hitting my head. When I opened my eyes I was face to face with my best friend dead and covered in blood.

I screamed out louder than before and I heard cop cars coming to the house. I got onto my knees, ignoring the pain I felt in my leg form the fall and started to shake Wes.

"No, no, no! Wes you were supposed to live! We had a fucking plan! We were going to grow old together! We were going to live beside each other and have kids! They were going to be best friends just like you and me! Please don't leave me!" I sobbed my cradling Wes' dead body.

I continued to sob as loud as I could and a cop came up behind me, "Miss, i'm very sorry but you need to leave, this is a crime scene." the cop said to me. I ignored him and continued to cradle my best friend, hoping it was some terrible nightmare.

The cop grabbed from behind, trying to get me out of the house. "Let me go!" I yelled while I sobbed but the cop didn't listen. I kicked the cop until he let me go and I ran back to Wes and sat beside him again.

Two cops were now behind me and dragged me out of the house while I sobbed. "Let me fucking go! He isn't dead! I just need to be with him when he wakes up!" I sobbed in denial as they continued to drag me out of the house. "Stop! Stop! Please just stop!" I yelled still sobbing but they didn't listen.

They put me down in the back of an ambulance and wrapped a blanket around me, a cop tried to comfort me but I wouldn't speak to any of them. I sobbed in the back of the ambulance for about 10 more minutes until my loud sobs turned into silent tears.

Sam ran up to me and engulfed in a hug, rubbing the back of my head at the same time. "He's actually dead Sam." I said now sobbing again, "It's going to be okay Zoey." she said unsure of what to say.

When she pulled away I was finally able to control my tears somewhat, but now my mascara was smudge everywhere and I was a mess. "Zoey are you hurt?" Sam asked, "No, i'm okay." I replied with no emotion behind my words.

"Excuse me." we heard a voice saw from behind Sam, I couldn't really tell who it was. All I saw was dark curly hair and a red suit.

Sam turned around and stepped beside me, "Oh my god. You're... Well you're you." Sam said star struck. "Last time I checked." Gale replied, she turned her gaze towards me and gave me a sympathetic look. "Are you okay? You seem to be having a little bit of a moment? Did you know the sheriff?" Gale asked the two of us, "Sort of. She didn't like me very much." Sam admitted.

"She didn't really like me either. What about you sweetie, did you know her?" Gale asked me, "I knew her son, Wes." I said trying not to cry. "He was her best friend." Sam told Gale, "Oh i'm so sorry." Gale said to me and I didn't reply.

"I'm Samantha, Sam Carpenter. This is Zoey Meeks. Us two and my sister were attacked. "Oh i'm sorry to hear that. Wait, Meeks as in Randy Meeks' niece?" Gale asked me but Sam responded instead "Yeah." she said.

"We'll i'm Gale... Riley. Weathers, i'm Gale Weathers. Excuse me." Gale said walking off, we both turned to see who she was walking to and saw that it was Dewey.

Sam's phone started to ring and she told me she would be right back, I waited for the girl but as I was waiting I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw that it was Dewey, "Zoey i'm so sorry." Dewey said with a sad expression and gave me a hug. I hugged him back tightly, but from the corner of my eye I saw Sam running to a cop.

"Wait Dewey. What's she doing?" I asked pointing at Sam, "I'm not sure." he replied. I ran after Sam and was running beside her "Sam?" I said but she ignored me.

"Who's at the hospital? Who's watching my sister?" Sam asked the cop and everything clicked in my brain. Tara. "I just heard about the Sheriff." the cop said and Sam scoffed. Me and Sam started running towards her car while the cops yelled "They needed me here!" I hinted the pain in my leg and continued to run.

"Where you guys going?" Dewey asked, "My sisters in trouble!" Sam yelled back. I got into the front seat at the same time as Sam, we started to buckle up and the car door opened. Dewey hopped into the back seat and buckled up also.

"What are you waiting for? Drive!" Dewey commanded, Sam hit on the gas pedal "Were coming Tara." I mumbled.
————————————————————————

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys! This chapter is so sad to write. I feel so bad for Zoey, she just wanted to pretend everything was normal for a couple of hours but instead, found Wes and Judy dead. Her reaction to finding him breaks my heart. Her birthday is in a couple of chapters and now she can't spend it with Wes :( thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!

1315 words