[11] goodbye

It's been one month since Zoey died, today was the day of her funeral

It's been one month since Zoey died, today was the day of her funeral. Mindy and Chad were getting ready and couldn't stop crying. The last couple of weeks all they did was sit there in each others arms and cry together. Martha was also devastated, she couldn't believe that the child she adopted was dead.

Even thought she didn't give birth to Zoey, Zoey was her first born and it would always stay that way.

They drove to the cemetery and there was many people there. Even if Zoey was a troubled kid, she was very loved by the town. And them finding out on the news that she was one of the victims that night was devastating.

Many people from school, Gale, Sidney, Mark and their kids, Martha, Mindy, Chad, Tara, Sam and many other people showed up to the funeral.

It was very sad, but now it was almost time for the twins turn to say something for the girl. Everyone was sure that they would cry even more than they already had.

Mindy had walked in front of everyone to speak first. She took a deal breath in before starting. "Hi, i'm Mindy. Zoeys sister. I'm sure that we can all say that this is a devastating loss for the community. Even thought Zoey had some of her own issues, she never failed to make someone's day a little brighter with her smile. She was a very kind person, not because she had to be, but because she chose to be. She would always be the first person to come into my room and ask me what was wrong if I was upset and she would always be the one to comfort me. Zoey was the type of person to put everyone before herself. She was one of the good things this world had. I just-" Mindy stopped, she couldn't continue anymore. She was to heart broken to even say another word.

Chad wiped his tears and stepped beside Mindy giving her a hug, the girl walked back to her mother and they embraced each other.

"Hi, i'm Chad, Zoey's brother as you all know. Like Mindy said, this is devastating news for the town. Zoey never took anything or anyone for granted, she always made sure she cherished what she had in her life. Even if she didn't have to, she wanted to make sure that we knew she thought she was the luckiest person on earth to have us in her life. She could make anyone feel comfortable and safe even in the shittiest situations. If someone asked me what it felt like seeing the light at a dark tunnel, I would tell them that's what Zoey felt like. She was such a special person in many peoples life and I know that she's going to be missed." Chad spoke, walking off not wanting the whole town to see him cry.

At the end of the funeral everyone gave their condolences to the family and wished them the best. It was a really hard day for everyone.

I watched over the whole funeral wishing I could let my siblings and mom know that I was still with them. I looked over my shoulder and saw Wes smiling at me. I walked over to him and gave him a huge hug "I still can't believe that i'm with you." I said to the boy, "You can't get rid of me that easily Zo." Wes said with a smile.

He put his arm around my shoulder and we walked off.
————————————————————————

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys! So this is a very short chapter, but it's necessary. I really don't have much to say and i'm so sorry, i'm very grateful for all you guys that have been reading this story, let me know if you have any suggestions on another story I should write. Bye guys!

650 words