[8] memorial party

I called a cab, in the car I looked through my bag and saw that I had water

I called a cab, in the car I looked through my bag and saw that I had water. With the water and my fingers, I took off the dried mascara on my face. After that about 15 minutes later I was arriving at Ambers house. This did not look like a small gathering, well shit.

I paid the driver and got out of the car, I started walking towards the house, well more like limping, and saw people walking in and out. Once I got onto the porch a couple of people from my school recognized me "Hey Zoey! I'm so sorry about Wes, I hope you're okay." I girl named Hailey said. "Thanks Hailey." I replied trying to smile.

I didn't like that girl whatsoever, I honestly didn't even know why she was here, Wes hated her too. She's once of the fakest people you would ever meet, and she buried Wes all through out elementary.

I walked into the house and a couple people stood there staring at me. I felt extremely uncomfortable l, maybe I shouldn't have come and just stayed with Gale and Sidney. It's to late now I guess.

I saw Amber walking down the stairs greeting people, "Hey Zoey. I'm really sorry about Wes, he's gonna be missed." she said pulling me into a hug. This entire interaction was weird for me, me and Amber didn't like each other much. We used to be best friends but I got started to get jealous when I noticed she took a liking to Tara. So basically I ruined our entire friendship over jealousy, it isn't one of my best moments i'll admit that.

But that year that I ended our friendship was when I was going through a really hard time, I had found out that my dad wasn't really my dad and I still don't know who it is to this day. I started doing drugs and partying more often, but Wes was the one that saved me.

"Thanks Amber." I said patting her on the back, "I'm gonna go find Mindy and Chad." I said to the girl walking away as quickly as possible. I walked into the kitchen and saw Chad pouring shots with all of his friends.

"Hey! To Wes!" Chad said before drinking the liquids in the small glass, as I went to approach Chad, Amber beat me to it. "Shots, really? This is supposed to be a memorial." Amber said taking the glass, "Well this is how I mourn, and distract myself from the looming spectre of Death." Chad defended himself.

I walked up to my brother and gave him a hug, "Hey Zo." he greeted me. "Hey Chad." I said hugging him for another second before pulling away, "How are you doing?" I asked him. "I should be the one asking you that." he replied with a sad smile.

""I'm just happy that you're okay. Where's Mindy?" I asked him, seconds later Mindy came into the kitchen "Hey. We're low on been." Mindy said, "Speaking of the devil." I joked. "Zoe! You came!" Mindy said pulling me into a hug. "I wouldn't miss this." I replied.

"Okay well i'll go get more beer, there's some in the basement." Amber said heading off, me and Mindy have each other a weird look. "Going off to the basement alone? When there's a killer out there." I said to Mindy. "Something isn't right." Mindy said walking off to the basement.

I turned around to talk to Chad but noticed he was gone, I walked into the living room and saw him and Liv making out on the couch. "Okay than." I mumbled to myself.

Usually at parties i'm the first one to get drink, but something inside me told me not to drink, not even a sip. So I listened to my gut feeling and decided that tonight wasn't a good night, with a killer on the loose and everything.

I saw Mindy and Amber come back from downstairs, I turned around and went back into the kitchen. I filled up a solo cup with water and drank the liquid.

When I turned around someone bumped into me, it was Liv and she was flipping off my brother "Fucking asshole." the girl mumbled directing it towards my brother. My shirt was now soaked in water and I was pissed "Fucking thanks!" I yelled at the girl and she continued to walk away.

I walked towards my brother and sat down beside him "I fucking hate your girlfriend." I said sighing, "What she do know?" he asked annoyed. "She was to busy flipping you off to watch where she was going, and she fucking bumped into me. Now I have water all over my new top, and it's yellow so it's not like people won't notice." I said annoyed.

"It'll dry, and if it bothers you so much just ask Amber if you can borrow a shirt." he suggested, "Yeah i'm not going upstairs alone with fucking Amber. She's been off lately, something isn't right with her." I said to the boy and he shrugged.

"Suit yourself." Chad said to me, he put an arm around my neck and I cuddled up next to him. It wasn't weird or anything, I mean come on, he's my brother. Me, him and Mindy used to all fall asleep in my bed cuddling at night. They feel safe with me and I feel safe with them. I haven't ever found that type of bond with anyone else, other than Tara. But she's probably long gone now.

"I'm texting Liv but she won't fucking answer." Chad said worried, "She's probably having a tantrum, that's what she does best." I said rolling my eyes. "Zoey can you please stop for like five seconds." Chad said annoyed, "Whatever." I said. "I have to pee." I added getting up and going to the bathroom.

When I was down I washed my hands I opened the door, I struggled to get out since the house was very crowded. I went back into the living room and sat back down on the couch but Chad wasn't there anymore.

"Where did Chad go?" I asked Mindy, "He went to look for Liv." Mindy replied. I nodded in response, I went to drink from my cup but it had been sitting on the table far to long for my liking.

I decided to play it safe and go grab a new cup and fill it with more water. I drank a little before walking back to the living room. When I walked back in I saw Mindy making out with a girl. I started to walk away but I heard the door open, I turned my head to see who it was.

Tara walked through the door. I quickly walked towards them when I saw the brunette. "I thought you left?" I asked the girl, "We were on our way but I needed my spare inhaler. I guess I forgot it somewhere." Tara explained and I made and O shape with my mouth, showing I understood.

Chad has been gone for a while, I thought. "Hey i'm gonna go find Chad." I said to Tara and she nodded, I walked outside and tried to see if I could find him from on the porch. When I couldn't I walked down onto the grass, kids started leaving the house right after me so I assumed someone kicked them out.

I walked around the house looking for Chad, and that's when I saw it. I ran towards my brother who was on the ground covered in his own blood. Once I reached him I dropped to my knees and put his head on my lap, "Chad." I said while my voice trembled in fear at what might happen to him.
————————————————————————

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys! So this chapter is sad but also cute. There's some cute moments between the siblings, but it's also sad that Zoey found Chad. I don't really have much to say, but are you guys excited for the next chapters? Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed.

1358 words