4

Tutoring. Tutoring was the only way you were going to have alone time with Chris.

"Tutoring? Y/n you're one of my top students," He chuckled.

You sat down in the chair across from him. He had his own office, which was rare, but perhaps because he's been there forever. However, it was small. Besides his desk, there was only a small couch that sat opposite the desk. When you asked him about it, he said he sometimes didn't get to go home and spent the night on the office couch.

"Well, I have this little issue..." you started.

"Mmhmm," he made direct eye contact

Conjuring up your sweetest voice, you tried not to look into his intense stare, "I'm just so distracted in class and-"

"Is it that Tom guy? If he's bothering you, angel I can tell him to sit somewhere else," the nickname was sweet and sent hearts into your eyes.

"No!" you nearly screamed. Chris jumped slightly, " I mean no, I just would really like you to help me."

There was a long silence and you thought you might've come off too desperate, "You of course don't have to, I would understand if you're too busy-" you trailed off.

Chris shook his head, "that's not the problem Y/n. The problem is that I don't think you need extra help. Now I'm more than happy to take on the role of mentor and help you establish connections, but-"

You smacked your hand on your forehead, "that's it! I just lost the words, Mr. Evans. That's what I was asking for this whole time."

"Yeah?" That broad Boston accent came out.

You eagerly nodded, pressing your hands together, "It would be an honor."

~

An honor it was. Chris accepted your proposal and allowed you to come into his office during his hours to go over connection-making. Granted he did his best since you weren't even in the history department. You learned a lot about him this way. Things you already knew and things you wouldn't have thought twice about him. He seemed to enjoy your company as well. He asked about your home life and even offered to help you look for apartments if you wanted his help. He said he was an expert at tracking down good rates for apartments and that he'd show you his one day to prove it.

"Hi Chris, what's for lunch today?" You tossed your backpack down by his golden oak desk.

"Uhh well I bought a chicken sandwich, you can have my fries," he tossed the bag to you as you took your seat.

You took the bag and rummaged around to find the carton of fries, "these are cold," You frowned.

Chris chuckled, "yeah I got them like thirty minutes ago, they aren't going to be piping hot."

You rolled your eyes, "if you're going to offer food, don't offer old fries."

"Warm them up in the microwave," he didn't look up from his computer. You mocked him by making a face, "I saw that."

"Of course you did."

"What's with the attitude today Y/n, something happen?" He stood up and made his way around to your chair, "what's got you all tense? Do you have a lot of work to do?"

You shook my head. His large hands encased your shoulders. His thick fingers gently massaged the tension in your muscles. Nothing about how he was touching you was professional. However, you didn't mind it. You leaned more into his touch.

"There we go, just needed to relax a bit. Now, do you want to tell me what's wrong?" He turned your chair around to face him.

You looked up at him, his face was soft and cast a shimmer of joy onto you. You couldn't contain the excitement at that moment. You had been wanting to be this close to him since you met him.