16

CW: Mild violence, angst

You shivered as you walked down the sidewalk towards the campus rec center. You knew Sophie was at the rec center since you once overheard her talking about something that had happened while she was working a shift. However, you had no idea about her schedule, you just hoped that she hadn't gone home to see her family since it was almost a week before Christmas.

Upon walking into the boisterous facility you were hit with the warm smell of coffee and cinnamon. There was a gym to the right with a basketball court and a workout center. On the left was the study rooms along with a recreational pool next to a pool for divers and swimmers to practice. What you wanted was to see the person at the front check in desk.

At first you didn't see the blonde hair woman, but then you saw her restocking complementary towels.

"Sophie!" you called after her.

Her eyes widened when she saw you, a look of fear and annoyance crossing her face.

You stormed towards her, but she tried to walk away from you. She was quick to dive into the employees only room.

You huffed and banged on the door, "Sophie, I just want to talk."

You gave an awkward smile to those who walked past you. They eyed you up and down, putting you in their mind as a crazy person. You just hoped no one would try and call security on you.

"What could you possibly want to talk about?" she called from the other side.

"Come out here so I can talk to you."

"So you can jump me, no thanks I'm good."

Your nose scrunched up, "bitch if I was gonna jump you I would've came in there and done it already, get yo scary ass out here right now!"

By now people had started to pay more attention to what was going on. You could hear the wisps of their whispers.

"Just tell me why you're going around spreading rumors about me."

The door opened quicker than you could blink. Sophie was on full display in her uniform for the rec center, "how did you find out about that?"

"Well if you're spreading rumors how else would I find out."

She contemplated, "the dean said I would be anonymous, wow, okay well he's a liar."

You shook your head, "what are you talking about?"

Her eyes widened, "what are you talking about?"

You crossed your arms, "I'm talking about you going around telling everyone that I'm with Tom, but since you mentioned the dean I'm pretty sure you're the one who said I was sleeping with professor Evans."

She looked around to make sure no one was listening, "fine," she huffed, "I made up a lie that you're fucking Evans, but only because he pissed me off. As for the little Tom rumor, after they said they didn't find anything I had to come up with something to do damage control. Listen, I tried to keep you out of me and Mr. Evan's beef."

You couldn't believe what your ears were hearing, "what the hell does that have to do with me?"

She sighed, "well he gave me a C on my final and I know that he sees you as a favorite so you're pretty much a casualty to war."

"That's so stupid," you narrowed your eyes at her, "I haven't done anything to you, do you have any idea what that could've done to my career–to Mr. Evan's career? And why in the world would you think I was dating Tom?" the anger that boiled in you could not be cooled.