12

CW: Talks of pregnancy

The last class of the semester was typically easy. Half the class never even showed up unless some type of test was being done. Chris had already said he wasn't giving out test. The only reason anyone should want to come to class was to get help on the paper he assigned. You didn't need any help, nor did you feel the need to go to class. However, Chris said he was going to give out extra credit to those who did show up. You felt like it was kind of cheating that he let you know that information. You understood why the college didn't want the professors and students messing around.

You didn't need the extra credit so you spent the time that would've been used in class to clean up around your room and run some errands. You still had some Christmas shopping to do.

You had heard the doorbell ring. Your mom checked the camera system to see who it was, "Y/n, Emilia's here!"

Your eyes widened, "okay!" you raced to the door. Your mom was still in her office working. You made your way to the front door. Emilia always told you before she was going to come over. You opened the door and revealed a glum Emilia.

"Hey?" you leaned on the doorframe with crossed arms.

"Hey," she waved awkwardly, "can I come in?"

You shoved away from the door, "you know the way," you started towards your room.

"Hey Emilia!" your mom greeted her from her office.

"Hi Mrs. Y/l/n!" she called back.

You frowned as you closed the door behind the two of you. Then you plopped down in your gaming chair, "what's up?"

Emilia sighed. There was a split second of silence before she started bursting out in tears. You immediately went to comfort her. You wrapped your arms around her shaking body.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Emilia sniffed and shook her head, "I-i'm sorry."

Your eyebrows furrowed. You had never seen her act like this before. Of course she had her moments where she cried like a baby on your shoulder. Last time she cried like this her grandmother had passed away.

"Hey, hey it's okay! I'm not mad at you," you rubbed her back.

Emilia spoke through her hiccups, "i-i'm pregnant."

You let go of her. Your mind racing a million ways only to come to the most outrageous conclusion. Based on her behavior and the way she was sobbing flood waters, there was no other explanation besides: she slept with your man. There were other explanations, but your brain decided to be messy.

"N-no, it's Thomas's," she must've seen the disgusted look on your face.

Your fist unclenched and you let out a breath, "why are you apologizing for being pregnant Em?" you crouched beside her on the floor.

She shrugged, "the other day when I got mad at you, I had just taken the test since I had missed my period. I took all my anger out on you and I know that isn't an excuse, but I just thought to let you know that I didn't mean what I said."

You frowned. You hadn't realized you called her at a bad time. She seemed like she was just sitting at home, "why didn't you just tell me?"

She shrugged, "I wanted to, but then I got upset when you asked me that question. I don't hate Chris," she explained, "i'll admit that I was concerned about his intentions, but he's proven to be a decent man."

You sat beside her while she went on about her situation. It wasn't that she didn't want the baby. It was more so that she was young and feared that Tom wouldn't want the child. She explained that he had stated that he didn't want kids for a while.