15

CW: Smut 18+ (fingering, oral fem rec, protected sex mentioned) MDNI

It was a little over a week before Christmas. You still hadn't gotten anything for Chris. The college was snooping around you and Chris's business. You figured Tom was the one who told them. You also had a thought that it was your own ignorance that got you guys to where you were now. The two of you were so caught up in each other that you didn't make sure to take the necessary precautions. Anyone could have seen you at the mall together. Then again, the thought of it being Tom just played in your mind.

He had changed ever since that day he apologized to you. He was friendlier, less flirty. You didn't even have to tell him to tone it down on his flirtatious remarks. He never said anything that made you uncomfortable. You were actually really happy that you had him as a friend to go to. However, Chris was certain Robert told him it was Tom who had snitched and therefore he couldn't be trusted.

You were stressed to say the least. Dealing with the holidays, the whole situation with Robert, and then Tom all together. It had you smothering yourself with a pillow.

"C'mon babe, don't do that," Chris yanked the pillow away from you.

You huffed with a sour look on your face, "let me wallow in my struggles," you snatched the pillow back.

Chris chuckled and rubbed your tummy, "I don't like to see my girl sad, it makes me sad," he pouted.

"Then we can be sad together," your answer was muffled.

Chris sighed, "don't make me pull out the big guns."

You took the pillow off your face and glared at him, "don't you dare."

He grinned, "see, now I can kiss my pretty girl," he leaned down to press a kiss to your lips, "isn't that better?"

You crossed your arms with a roll of your eyes, "I guess."

"Bratty girl, what am I gonna do with you?"

"Feed me to the wolves," you sighed.

Chris shook his head and got off the bed. Dodger perked up from his spot at the foot of the bed. He went into his closet and started pulling out some clothes.

Your eyes followed his movement. Curiosity sparked in your brain and you mimicked the dog at your feet. With a newfound energy you cleared your throat, "what are you doing?"

"Packing for my ma's house? I told you I was going over and staying a week or so there," his voice was muffled, but you captured them clearly.

You shoved your face into your hands, "I know, I just- forgot."

Chris's face softened. He put down the sweaters he was folding up and made his way back into the room. He sat next to you on the bed. Taking your hand in his he made you look at him, "what's going on hmm?"

You looked down at your hand and how he rubbed over your knuckles to calm you. A small frown formed on your face as you looked back at him. His blue eyes stared into your soul. Trying to figure out the little things that were making you insane.

"Chris, we're walking on eggshells."

His eyebrows furrowed, "what do you mean?"

"Baby, we can't even go out without wondering if someone from the college will see us, and I know you said you handled the Robert situation, but damn it shouldn't be this fucking hard. I'm paranoid as fuck that you will lose your job because of me," you let a few tears fall down, but you quickly wiped them away.

Chris shook his head and cooed at you, "no it's okay baby. We're going to be fine okay?" he gave you a small smile, "look once grades are finalized in the system, we won't have to deal with any of that. We will be able to do whatever we want."