What Is She Doing Here..?

(George's POV):

I have been worried SICK. Where is Y/N..? I know she said she was going dress shopping with for the Winter's Ball with someone. A friend..? No that wasn't what she said. It was a male name for sure. She has been awfully quiet ever since I found her talking with.. JEFFERSON! You thought to yourself.

Your face starting to fume with anger and frustration as you got ready to go to Jefferson's house to see if your sister was there. She had to be. You couldn't bear to think about what she could possibly be doing there.

FLASHBACK

You were very protective of your sister, ever since she was born. You loved her dearly, and made sure no one ever hurt her, and no one ever tried to even get near her. She was the reason you got up every morning and tried your hardest. She was the last family member you had, and you were NOT going to lose her.

When the two of you were younger, she had developed very intense feelings for a boy a year older than her. She hadn't told me about it but everytime I saw her around him, i could feel the love in the air. A few weeks later she had told me she was going to the library to study, and like the fool i was, I believed her. I had caught the boy kissing her on the lips in a park in broad daylight.

I walked up to them and waited until they noticed and the boy had ran away in fear and we had never seen him again. Y/N was really upset with my actions and wouldn't talk to me for months, but it was for the best. 

Now I know Jefferson is a good guy but i'm not exactly sure I can trust him fully just yet.

PRESENT

You had made it to Jefferson's house and had prepared yourself to knock on the door. A few seconds later you knock and wait for an answer. No answer. So you knock again. And again. And again. This time you had knocked so hard you could feel the door almost break.

Finally, the door had opened to Thomas's face. He looked confused to see you there, but after a moment, it finally clicked in his head. "Can you excuse me for a moment?" he says nervously. You nod seriously, trying to stifle your chuckle, from his nervousness.

(THOMAS POV):

You slowly open your eyes to the heavy knocking on your front door. You completely forgot you fell asleep on the couch with Y/N so you slowly get up without somehow already waking her up. She was a deep sleeper.

You groggily walk to the door before the knocking gets even louder than it already is. You open the door and to your suprise, Washington was there. Now why was he here randomly on such short notice...but it finally all the pieces start to make sense. 𝘢𝘩 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘠/𝘕 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳! you thought to yourself in panic before trying your best to keep your composure in front of Washington. He could surely kick your ass any second now. 

"Can you..excuse me for a moment?" you choke out, trying as best as you could not to stutter.

He nods so you slowly close the door then as soon as you do, you sprint over to the couch Y/N was sleeping on. "Y/N wake up your brother is here, he didn't know you stayed over and is looking for you!" you yell-whisper desperately shaking her awake. 

Eventually she does wake up and soaks in all the information you said and starts to panic as well, which didn't help the situation at all.

"He's HERE? Oh my god I forgot to tell him i was staying with you!" she whispers while quickly getting up and starts searching for something.

"What are you looking for?" you ask, oblivious to what she was desperately searching for.

"My clothes! MY CLOTHES!" she whispers even louder than before. 

You and Y/N quickly look around for her clothes, hoping they were dry from the rain yesterday evening. Thank GOD they were.

She quickly ran to the bathroom to put them on, as you paced around the room, forgetting Washington was at the door waiting for you. When you remembered, you walk to the door nervous, and open it slowly.

"Took you long enough.." Washington says suspiciously as if I did something wrong..

"H-here take a seat" you say directing him towards one of the couches. 

He sits and stares at the walls for a second before directing his attention back to me. "So, Jefferson..what are your intentions with my sister?" He says getting straight to the point. "My intentions?" you say nervously, a little confused as to what he meant. He cocked one of his eyebrows up before you finally realize.

"S-sir I can assure you that I don't have any bad intentions with her.. It was just late yesterday and her house was a bit of a journey from the tailor's shop and it was also raining..i just thought it was best for her to stay here.." you trail off. 

"But I promise we didn't do anything! I had lent her my bed and I slept on the couch.." you say ending the last part off quietly. I hope Y/N isn't mad I lied to her brother. I had to..

Before George could reply, Y/N slowly came out and sat down on the couch next to Washington. You slip out a little breath of relief, but also because you had been holding your breath the whole time due to how anxious you were.

(Y/N POV):

"Hi George!" you say, trying to act oblivious to the situation at hand, even though you were fully aware. "Y/N is it true that Jefferson 𝘓𝘦𝘯𝘵 you his bed and he slept on his couch instead?" your brother asked, turning his body to yours.

You had shot Jefferson a confused glare, and he shot back a look with pleading eyes, as if he's scared. Please don't tell me he's scared. George has ALWAYS done this and I don't want him to mess this up for me. I really like Thomas and don't want him to break us apart.

"Yes it is true, he lent me his room and he slept on the couch." You say as confidently as you can to hide the nervousness in your voice, and the scaredness in your eyes.

George doesn't say anything yet, instead he just nods. You and Thomas exchange confused looks before George looks back up at the two of you.

"Y/N I'll be waiting outside for you, say your goodbyes to Thomas so we can be on our way."

"W-what..?" you say confused and scared.

" You're gonna see him at the Winter's Ball..He is your date isn't he?" He says while smirking.

"How did you-" but before you finished yous sentence, he walked out of the door. "how did he-" you say while turning to Thomas. He shrugs his shoulders in defeat and walks over to your new dress and hands it over to you. "Here's a pretty dress for a pretty girl" he says while smiling weakly, barely recovering from Washington's surprise jumpscare.

You walk over to Thomas then stand on the tips of your toes. You grab his face by his cheeks and kiss his forehead. "I'll see you at the ball?" you say before leaving?

"O-of course" Thomas says as red as a tomato before you walk out of the door.

OUTSIDE THE HOUSE

"I see you're really fond of Thomas there, Y/N." George says next to you. 

"Can we not talk about it?" you say as your face starts to heat up.

"I approve of him Y/n. He's a good guy." Washington whispers to you as you look back up at him with a grateful smile.

(1,280 words)

(A/N): I promise next chapter will be the Winter's Ball..I know i've been dragging it, but that's what I like about slow burn love(s). More characters will be introduced and more drama too!    (smut possibly 😏)