Let's Go Upstate Pt.3

After spending the day with Alex, you couldn't stop thinking about your situation and how to resolve it. You tried to forget about Alexander, but you couldn't. How did you not see this coming? Eliza like Alex now, and you still loved him as well. You tried to keep your mind on Thomas only, but you couldn't help it..Alexander was someone you could never forget about. Now don't get me wrong, I love Thomas dearly, and will never do anything to hurt him, but Alexander..there's something about him...

You were hanging out at the Schuyler's estate, and had brought all your luggage with you. You were ready. You, and the sisters were waiting up on the boys, who obviously were all late. You all decided to prepare lunch for the nine of you before heading on the road. You went with making turkey sandwiches, chips, and Angelica's special sweet tea.

After an hour of preparation, you hear a knock on the door, and Peggy runs to open it, as you follow after her.

"Hi guys come in!" Peggy says happily while letting the five of them in. As you and Peggy greet and welcome everyone, they sit on the couch, while you go help in the kitchen.

"It smells delicious in here you two!" You say while smelling the aroma of the kitchen. "Come here Y/N, I want you to try Angelica's sweet tea!" Eliza says sweetly while dipping a spoon in the tea to serve to you.

As you swallow the tea, you close your eyes in satisfaction. "What did you put in here Angelica, this tastes amazing!" You say while begging for more. "Just a secret recipe I made myself." Angelica says while putting her hands on her hips. "Now let's go say hi to everyone, I wonder if they've eaten yet." Eliza says while helping you and Angelica with the trays of food.

As the three of you walk into the parlor where the rest of the group is, you can see Herc and John basically drooling over the food you were bringing out. You chuckled at how childish they looked waiting for the food.

John Laurens dove for a sandwhich, while Herc grabbed a cup and tried to fill it up, before Eliza slapped both their hands off the lunches. "Be patient you two! We just sat down!" Eliza says with a motherly-like tone in her voice. She reminds me of my mother.

The two boys slide down in the couch in defeat, but still obeying Eliza's orders. The rest of you laughed at the situation and you and Alexander make eye contact. You quickly dart your eyes away from him, though.

"Alright, shall we eat now?" Peggy says, ready to dig in to the food. "Yes, you all can eat now-" Eliza says before she stops her sentence when Herc and John grab a sandwhich and a cup of sweet tea in the matter of 2 seconds.

"Relax guys, the food isn't going anywhere!" you say while laughing at their shenanigans.

As the rest of you grab your food one by one, you engage in conversation. "This- this is magnifique!" Lafayette says while taking large bites of his food.

"He's right Eliza, this is so good." You say while smiling at her. "Do you all really think it's that good?" Eliza says while smiling from the compliments she's recieving. 

"Yes!" everyone says in unison while eating.

After Eating

After finishing lunch, everyone was full from the delicious food, and ready to head upstate. All of you were laid out on the couch, most of you laid out on top of eachother, comfortably talking with each other before you left.

"So guys, is there anything in town we should do while we're upstate?" Hercules asks. "The town is pretty much just tiny shops, a supermarket, and a big park. But on the estate, there will be plenty to do." Angelica says.

"Like what?" Thomas asks curiously. "Well, there's a horse stable, a lake, a huge garden, a piano room, a art room, a spa, private cooking lessons,-"

"Theres more?!-" Lafayette says in his thick french accent. Everyone laughs, but they're also very shocked at how rich the Schuyler's could possibly be.

You all hear a knock on the door, and Angelica open it, to find the driver there. "Ma'am...we have been waiting for an hour..." the driver says tiredly. "Oh my goodness I deeply apologize! we'll be on our way right now!" Angelica says before running to the rest of them.

"You guys get up now! the driver has been waiting, and we didn't even realize!" Angelica says. For a moment, no one moved, but as the information started to register, everyone started grabbing their stuff as fast as they could, and scrambling around to make sure nothing got left behind. Everyone was trampling over one another, but eventually all of you squeezed in the car.

"Is everyone here?" Angelica asks loudly. "Yes!" everyone says in unison.

"Wait wait where's Thomas?! guys I think-" "I'm right here sugar.." He says from..under you? You look down to see..another pair of legs. You squirm around trying to find space to sit somewhere else, but Thomas wrapped his arms around your waist, to stop you from moving. Eventually you give up and bury you face in your hands and blush. 

Everyone in the car laughed loudly as Thomas whispered in your ear. "Don't worry about it darlin' just get comfortable, mkay?"

You nodded and looked over to Alexander who looked up at you then focused his attention back to talking with Eliza.

You look down at your hands as you slowly drift off to sleep.

After A Few Hours

It was dark, and everyone was sleeping peacefully. You were still on Thomas' lap and his hands were still wrapped around your waist as his face was buried in the crook of your neck.

Strands of his fluffy hair tickled your neck as he adjusted himself to a more comfortable position.

You groan out of tiredness and close your eyes as you listen to the rhythm of the horses' feet clacking on the ground. The carriage comes to a stop, and the driver opens the door on both sides. 

He woke up Angelica, Peggy, and John who were on one side, Eliza, Alexander, and Hercules on the other. You and Thomas were in the middle and were woken up last.

You wake up first, and tap Thomas to wake him up also. "Thomas..wake up we're here.." you say groggily while rubbing your eyes. He eventually gets up and stumbles out of the carriage. He almost falls, but you catch him, struggling to keep up with his body weight. Your legs were shaking and you couldnt keep him up anymore.

"Someone..help..me please!" you say while trying to keep him up. Hercules laughs before walking up to you and takes Thomas off of you. You sigh from exhaustion. "Thank god I thought I was going to die from carrying him!" you say while regaining your balance. "No problem Y/N." Hercules says while laughing at your antics.

The nine of you walked to the house, as the driver carried the belongings inside the house. The house was huge. You couldn't really make out what it looked like entirely, but you knew it was big.

"Let's decide rooms now!" John Laurens says excitedly.

"How do you have so much energy.." Alexander says.

"John we can do that tomorrow..just go to sleep for now.." Eliza says after him.

Everyone crashed in the living room that night, while some slept on the couches, and some of you slept on the floor. Surprisingly, the floor was much more comfortable than the couches.

Not too long after, everyone drifts off to sleep.

(1314 words)

A/N : Hi guys! this chapter was more like a filler chapter, but I hope you all still liked it! (You all will be seeing much more of Thomas though dw <3)

Schuyler Estate Upstate :