Lets Go Upstate Pt.2

It was Thursday, two days before the trip upstate! You were estatic, and you and your friend group have been talking about it ever since. You've started packing today, but you need to pick up a few more things...

In The City Square

"ooo look at these shoes, Y/N! you have to get them!" Peggy says while trying to pull you to the store with the so-called "amazing shoes". "Peggy I came here for a few things, and you're trying to make me spend more than I need to!" You say back to her. She pouts in defeat and walks away from the shop.

"Y/N we've been walking all day looking for this thing, let's take a break!" Eliza says while sighing from exhaustion. 

"Instead of looking for the item you need right now..let's go to this store!" Angelica says while grinning widely. "But-" "Y/N, we'll go after, no need to be so stubborn!" Angelica says while cutting you off. The four of you walk to the store Angelica pointed to and walked in.

You underestimated Angelica when she wanted to go into the shop. It was beautiful. It was a jewelry store, so there were display cases everywhere, decorated with beautiful plants and lighting, and a cozy environment. No one else was there at the moment, except for a lady behind the counter, and a cashier.

Eliza and Peggy ran off to look at jewels that caught their eye, while you and Angelica looked around quietly.

After a few minutes of conversing and looking at jewelry, one specific pair of earrings caught your attention. They had bows made of gold, and pearls hanging at the bottom. They were very simplistic, but also very pretty nonetheless. 

You walk over to the case where the earrings were sitting and point to them.

"Angelica these are beautiful..should I get them?" You ask Angelica. "Those are gorgeous Y/N, I think it would be a very well-deserved purchase!" Angelica says while smiling down at them. 

You walk up to the person behind the counter while asking, "excuse me miss, but how much are those earrings over there?" you say while pointing to your earrings of choice. "Oh, those? they're about..72 dollars I believe?" she says (equivalent to $1 today). She picks the earrings up from the case while admiring them. "Would you like to purchase these?" she asks. "Yes please." you say in response.

She rings up the earrings, while you bring out your money, and lay it out on the counter. She puts the earrings in a iridescent pouch and hands it to you. "Have a nice day!" she says while putting the change away. "You too!" you say happily while walking out the store with Angelica.

But soon the two of you realized, you left Eliza and Peggy. 

You walk back to the store, hoping they stayed in the same spot, and suprisingly, they did. They were still giggling and talking about the jewelry they liked. "Cmon you two, it's time to go!" you say while patting Eliza's shoulder. They both flinch from the sound of your voice while looking up to see who it was.

"Oh my god, you guys scared us!" Peggy says while laughing. Eliza and Peggy get up, and head out the store with you and Angelica.

As the four of you walk down the block, Angelica says, "Now wasn't that fun, Y/N?" Angelica says mockingly. "Hey, I didn't know those earrings were gonna be in there, I had to get them." you say in defense.

"You got earrings? How wonderful!" Eliza says excitedly. "Can we see them?" Peggy says curiously. "Sure!" you say while taking the earrings out the pouch.

The Earrings :