What Is Wrong With You?

Disclaimer : This is pt.2 of "How Could You Think That?" so pls read that chapter before this one!

You had been storming off to go home after Thomas pulled that stupid stunt. Why would he even do that?

You were about to turn the corner before he caught up to you. Wow he was fast.

"Thomas why would you do that?" you say while turning to him angrily.

"Well I thought-" "Well obviously you weren't thinking when you made that decision, Jefferson." you say bluntly. He looks shocked, but doesn't say anything in defense.

You take a deep breath before saying "Thomas, I've told you this once before, and I'll say it again. Right now we are only friends. Now I hope it'll stay like that, if you decide to use your brain, and make better decisions. I want this friendship to work, but if this is going to work between us, you need to get the fact that we are only friends, through that thick skull of yours. You get it now?" you say seriously while trying to read his expression.

It seems as if he's finally understanding what you mean. I hope he just proves that he understands with his actions.

"Y/N..I'm sorry." he says, unexpectedly. "You don't have to apologize-" 

"No Y/N. I'm sorry." he says, cutting you off. "This right here?" he says while motioning to the situation at hand. "This is starting to make me realize that I can't just try to be with you after you just rejected me. I couldn't seem to get that at first, but now I do. I just hope I can prove it to you. I'll tell Peggy and Laurens that we're not courting each other, but if you still want to go to that party together as friends, I'm up for it." Thomas says sincerely.

I don't know if it was this situation or what I just said that made Thomas finally realize that we're not in that type of relationship anymore, but I appreciate it. He's trying.

"I'll think about it.." you say while cracking a smile.

"Now, I'm going home. I woke up really early for this and I'm tired. You don't have to walk me home though, I'll be fine." you say while yawning.

"Well alright then, I'll see you later?" Thomas says.

"See ya." you say tiredly as you turn to walk home, and you and Thomas go your separate ways.

(396 words)

A/N : this was like a mini chapter following the one before so don't mind how short it was-