Lotus

!TW! (rapunzel moment)

After leaving the party, you pass out from exhaustion and shock. The last thing you can remember is Thomas's face but you can't remember exactly what was happening.

Rays of the bright sun seeping through the curtains woke you up, and you quickly realized..this is not your house. You immediately realize whose house it was when you look down at the velvety magenta sheets you're currently sitting on, and the distinct smell of cinnamon and vanilla. You were at Thomas's house. You looked around the room, but there wasn't a trace of Thomas to be found. You still had on the clothes from last night, meaning he didn't touch you.

You scramble off the bed, and go find Thomas. His house was huge, so it took a minute for you to find him, but eventually you did.

"H-hi Thomas.." you say while unintentionally tripping on your words. He looks back from the couch, but doesn't say anything. You'd had enough.

You marched in front of Thomas from where he was sitting, and pinned him back on the couch. You put your legs over his and put your face extremely close to his. This wasn't your best decision, but you had to get your point across.

You could feel his hot breath running down your neck, which made you shiver, and you could smell his now strong fragrance, which smelled really, really, good.

"Thomas Jefferson, why have you been ignoring me? I'm your friend for god's sake! I don't know what I could've done, but you should at least give me the benefit of the doubt by telling me what I did."

Everything goes silent before Thomas says something.

"If we're friends, why are we in this position? Friends don't do things like this, do they? " Thomas asked while forcing back a smirk.

You jump of of Thomas defensively, and put that comment in the back of your mind. 

"No, they don't, but that's not the point. You need to explain why you've been avoiding me." you say firmly while glaring down at him.

"You want to know why, Y/N?" Thomas says while adjusting his waist on the couch.

You tried to ignore that mannerism, but it was extremely difficult. "Yes, I would like to know." you say while breaking eye contact with him.

"I can't tell you." 

"What? Yes you can."

"I can't Y/N, It's for the best." 

"Tell me."

"No."

"Please."

"Y/N, my answer is always going to be no. I'm sorry, but this just isn't the right time to say things like that to you.." Thomas says with a pitiful look on his face.

What did he mean by that?..

"Could you at least acknowledge me like i'm not just a shadow?" you say frustratedly. "You don't talk to me anymore, and quite frankly, it's boring." you say while rolling your eyes.

"Oh, so it's boring without me giving you attention all the time?" Thomas says with a mischievous smirk on his face.

"N-no that's not what i meant!" you say defensively, feeling butterflies in your stomach. Why were you feeling this way? 

"You know what, since you miss me so much, i'll take you somewhere. Is that fair?" Thomas says while smiling.

"Are you going to try to seduce me?" you say, jokingly.

"What? no-" Thomas says with a confused look on his face.

"Never mind then." you say while quickly going back upstairs to his room. Why did you even say that? And why did you hope he would joke back..? Get a grip, Y/n.