Helpless

You wake up a few hours later to see Thomas isn't there anymore. You sit up lazily and sit and stare at the wall. What else was there to do?

Soon enough, you hear a knock on your door. "Come in.." you say to whoever's out there. The door opens, and you're met to Hercules, with a pitiful and concerned look on his face. I hate pity.

"Y/N, you wanna tell me what happened?" Hercules asks while sitting on the edge of your bed. You don't say anything, but you take a deep breath before explaining to him what was going on.

Hercules was the only other person who knew about the deal with Thomas and Alexander, and had kept it to himself.

"You remember when I told you about the deal?" you ask. He nods. "I had started spending much more time with Alexander, since Thomas was very busy for a while, and I started falling for him. Though I still love Thomas dearly, if i were to choose between the two of them, I wouldn't be able to. Alexander is so loving, intelligent, and thoughtful, and Thomas is charming, caring, and just the two of them is more than I could ever ask for. I don't want to break either of their hearts.."

You stop for a moment to look up, and you notice Hercules deep in thought.

"I think Eliza confessed to Alexander when she pulled him aside yesterday, and I love her so much and don't want to break her precious heart. But I love Alexander. But I also love Thomas. I just don't know who to be with.."

Before talking, Hercules looks down for a moment, before opening his mouth.

"Y/N. Before you make any decision, you need to spend more time with Thomas. I can see why you would easily go for Alex, but you've already spent so much time with him. Make a choice when you've spent and equal amount of time with both of them, and gotten to know their true selves. If they can't open up to you, they never deserved you."

You don't speak for a moment, but instead of talking, you hug Hercules.

"Thank you so much Herc. You don't know how much I needed this. You're always there for me when I need you.."

"Always will be." He says while grinning down at you.

You wipe the tears trying to escape from your eyes and sit back in your spot on the bed.

"Now I know you might be too tired to hang out with me and Laurens, but I think it'll be a good idea to get away from the two of them for a bit." Hercules says. "I think that's great idea." You say to him while getting up and leaving the room.

When the two of you open the door you see Thomas? What was he doing out there?

"What were you doing out here, Thomas?" you ask curiously. "Oh I was just..walking to my room." he says hesitantly. He doesn't say anything else and just leaves in a hurry. Odd. 

You and Hercules wave off the awkward interaction the three of you just had and go find Laurens.

You look in the living room, kitchen, and still couldn't find him. Where could he be?

You finally check his room and knock. After a few minutes he still doesn't open so you two barge in as a joke, but you could never be prepared to see what you just saw.

John and Peggy were..making out?!

"W-what are you guys doing in here?!" Peggy says with a flustered look on her face.

"What are you doing in here, Peggy?" Hercules asks while grinning a huge smile on his face.

"We were gonna do something with John but i guess he's busy.." you say while smiling and closing the door.

As soon as the two of you were out of earshot, you bursted into laughter.

"How could we never see that coming?!" you say in between laughter. "I know right?! the two of them have never interacted in front of us!" Hercules says after.

After the two of you calm down, you guys decide to make brownies, even after all the sweets you've had at the tea party.

When you two reach the kitchen, you take out all the ingredients, while Herc takes out all the bowls and measuring cups.

You end up taking out two eggs, a jug of water, sugar, cocoa powder, oil, and a small container of vanilla extract.

You start to put wet ingredients in the bowl, while Herc does dry ingredients. After everything is mixed together, the two of you pour the brownie batter into a square pan and put it in the oven for about fourty minutes.

While the brownies are baking, the two of you go into the living room and decide on what to do.

"What should we do?" Hercules asks while sitting on the couch.

"Hmm..let me see if I find anything in here, okay?" you say while searching a cabinet.

You see books, a crocheting and bracelet kit, but neither of you wanted to do it right now. Soon enough you find something you think Hercules would like. A lego set. You take out the box and set it down on the coffee table. 

"How about this?" you say while eyeing the set. "I love legos! let's do it!" Hercules says while smiling.

The Lego Set : 

You nod and open the box carefully

You nod and open the box carefully. It took you guys about fifty minutes to make, but it was worth it. The whole time the two of you just built and talked and laughed about random things.

But you suddenly realize. The brownies! You run to the kitchen, grab a oven mitt and take the brownies out the oven. You lay them on the counter and turn off the stove to let them cool. 

"Oh my god I totally forgot about the brownies!" Hercules says while walking over to you. "Thank god they're only crispy and a little burnt on the edges.." you say. "If we waited any longer, they would've burnt."

You quickly open a window to let the steam out, and talk in the kitchen with Hercules while waiting for the brownies to cool.

After ten minutes of waiting impatiently, the two of you couldn't wait any longer. You start cutting up the brownies into about 18 peices, since you used a large tray to put them in. You put four of them on a plate for you and Hercules, and put two on seven more plates and cover the plates with napkins.

After plating all the desserts, you and Hercules dig in. It was DELICIOUS. The brownies had a crunchy outer layer with a hint of burnt batter, and the inside was moist and soft, it tasted like heaven on earth.

The two of you didn't even talk while eating, because of how good it was. After finishing them, the two of you grab glasses of water and walk into the hallway.

"This was so fun Herc, thanks for cheering me up." you say while smiling at Hercules.

"Of course Y/N, anytime." Hercules says before wrapping you into a bear hug, then walking to his own room.

It was nice to have a distraction for a little while..

(1224 words)

A/N : Hi!! this was more of a filler chapter, but i hope you all still liked it <3 Have a good day/afternoon/night!