Chapter 17: Importance of guilt

Bakugo P.o.V:

Mom: *talking with depressed tone in her voice* "No.. Mr. Dorima. We still haven't gotten any words from the police or the heroes." I had just returned home from the Sport's Festival. I can't believe I got 2nd place to that Wolf Bitch. But it didn't matter at the moment. I could hear Mom talking on the phone with Saito's Grandparents again. Mom.. She looks so sad and worried these days.. Every day she would go out to just look for Saito.

Guess that's one thing I got from my mom. Her determination. I look back the large drawing board filled with photos and location Saito could be... Damn it. I understand that if you wanted to stay away from me. But my mom... All she wants is to make sure you are okay. I.. want to make sure you're okay.. I mean everything was a challenge back then.. You always giving me a hard time.. but not like this.

I soon look over to an old photo of me, Izuku and Saito when we were kids.  

"When me and Izuku grow up, we become heroes. We will be so damn cool and awesome no villains stop us!" A 5 year old version of me said in my mind as memories began to flow in my head.

(Flashback)

Izuku: *excited tone* "Y-yeah and we help!" *stretches his arms out wide* "This many people and give them all smiles! Isn't that cool Saito!"

Saito: *chuckles* "Yeah that's really cool." *I then see Saito's smiling growing smaller as tears begin to form in his eyes slowly as he looks down causing me and Izuku to worry. * 

Izuku: *worried tone snapping Saito out of his thoughts* "Big brother are you okay?"

Saito: "H-huh oh yeah I'm okay.." *Tries to wipe away his tears out of his eyes. At that time Saito was finally getting over Tsuki's death. He was getting better but I guess he still misses him. * "Don't worry about-" *We immediately hugged Saito catching him off guard.* "Woah."

"Tell my mommy or daddy this happened I hurt you.." I said.

Saito was silent for a moment before hugging us back as the memory began to fade back I return back to reality.

"Thanks.. little bros."

Back then... he saw me as his little brother as well.. just like Izuku. And then I had to ruin it... It's damn my fault Izuku's dead.... It's my fault that Inko is gone... It's all my fault that Saito left...

If I could change time I would...But I can't... All I can do is accept it and if I find Saito.. and bring you home. I can't apologize for what is done.. But please.. I just want to know that you are okay...

Big brother..

3rd P.o.V: 

The scene changes as a small leaf is seen slowly descending upon the gravestone of Izuku Midoriya. However, it was immediately brushed away along with any other leaves and trash that surrounded his and Inko's tombstone by Saito (mask and hood covered his face). He then picks up a bouquet of flowers and begins to disperse it evenly amongst the two in the respected vases.

As he finished he kneels down before his foster family.... The camera slowly pans the saddened lonely teen.... As he does he began to close his eyes.. and began to pay his respects.

Inko: *V.O screaming in anger and hate* 'WHY DID YOU ALLOW IZUKU TO DIE?! YOU HOPELESS CHILD?!'

Saito: *mumbles as he began to shake full of guilt* "i can't ask forgiveness..."

Izuku: *V.O in sad tone* 'Why was I not good enough...'

Saito: *Mumbles* 'It's my fault that this happened....I deserve to be hated...If I had never been born.. none of this would have happened...' *reopens his tired bloodshot eyes to find himself  within a dark alleyway of Hosu City in his vigilante suit. He let out a sigh before looking up towards the sky* 'Has it truly been months now.. since the day I left.. Izuku... Mom..' 

Gurgly voice: *below Saito feet* "Pjljiea"  *Saito looks over to see a blobby mesh of once was a hero melting towards him. Without hesitation, the boy kicked it straight in it's grotesque face splatting it over alleyway as it continued to scream in agony.*

'What a waste of my time....' Saito thought to himself as he turned around. As he does the screen cuts to 1st person perspective of something above zooming straight towards the Vigilante before turning to black.

Meanwhile Stain was seen looking down upon the city thinking of what transpired days before. His first ever failure to kill the fake heroes. All because of Saito or Dust as he called. Though the failure somewhat enraged the villain. 

Stain: *played out the scene thru his head over and over again and he thinks* 'The fakes should perish as they destroy the true meaning of Hero. So why is it that Dust keep the heroes alive?"

However as Stain is lost in his own thought. A black fog begin to appear before swirling around forming a portal. Soon Kurogiri emerges out catching Stain's attention.

Kurogiri: "Greetings Stain." *Stain glances over to Kurogiri, whom merely bows his head to him* "My master wishes to speak with you.."

(To be continued)