Chapter 13: The Caretaker and the Child (I)

"Rimuruuuuuuuuuu,commmmeeee onnnnn annnndddd aannnnssswwweeerrr meeee!!"

Velzard was kept on poking and messing with Rimuru which was dumped by a mountain of paperwork and documents on his desk in his working quarters.

"Velzard..please could you wait for a while more? Like just,a while more? I'm trying to finish these piles of documents in front of me."

<Do you want me to speed up your concentration further,master?>

'Ah yes finally! Please do Ciel.'

I accepted Ciel's help and after I realized,I feel time moving slower and slower around me that made me handling the files easier. Although it's not time stopping or manipulating time as it is simply just mind acceleration,having Ciel was a really great help,this is simply an eternal fact to be kept on with!

"Phew,finally! These damn papers are dealt with. So,what do you want with me,young one?" After he puts them all aside into the shelves,he turns to Velzard after the latter had been annoying him to gain his attention for a period of time.

"S-stop calling me that! I'm an adult already..."

'Well she said the last part in a bit of a small volume,but it cannot escape my ears. Why, though?' He thought to himself,but not paying serious attention.

"You haven't answered my question yet,what do you have in mind? What place,or activity would you want? I have the entire day,so name it." He said,and then just sat there,waiting for her answer.

She thought for a while,before giving her reply with a little blush on her face.

"C-can we go to the b-beach?"

'The beach! A good choice to me honestly,the sight there is great,the weather is also balanced,overall,a perfect choice to relax! Smart move you got there,don't you?'

"Sure why not? Let's pack our things at the moment,or later?"

"Now? Are we going now?" She said with excitement in her tone.

"Of course! I'm calling that old guy back,or else he will blame me for leaving him behind for such fun."

"Alright..."

Velzard was just about to turn and walk to the door,but she turned again just before going.

"Say,Rimuru."

"Yes?"

"Since it's a beach,do you want me to wear...white? Or blue?" She grinned at him with a little tease.

"Huh? Wear whatever you want. Your choice right? Just wear the clothes you are most comfortable with."

And she looks a bit disappointed,let out a sigh and whispered to herself,

"You didn't get it,did you?"

"Did you say something?"

"N-nothing!" With a flat red on her face,and slammed the door shut,leaving a confused slime in the room.

"So what did I do anyway?"

<Something that you should have knew.>

—--------------------------------------------------------------

"Yahoo! Here we go!"

Veldanava was running wildly at the distant shores in sight with energy and screaming,only to be tripped off and smack his face on the hard rocky floor.

"Shut it up Velda,you know this is public right? Even if it's in your daughter's territory,doesn't that mean you can go all wild you know?" Rimuru after tripping him,scolded him while watching him slowly getting back up and nodding back.

"Hahahaha! What does the view of the beach in my territory feel like?!"

Milim on the other hand,laughed as they finished their daily shenanigans and happily asked them about the sight of the biggest beach in her available territory.

"It's great!" Said Veldanava,who's already enjoying the vast horizon of the cloudless ocean.

"I can agree." Added Rimuru and his compliment on the beauty of the skies.

"Wahaha! Now I can finally spend some time with my bestie!-"

"Nuh uh Milim,he's my best friend first!" Veldanava brutally cuts his daughter short and puts his fingers on her nose,causing her to complain.

"No fair,then ours!" She said while pouting at her father,which in turn just simply laughed joyfully.

"Correct! You get it quick fast don't you huh?" He replied,while rubbing her pink hair gently.

Rimuru just looked at the father and daughter laughing like little kids with eachother,and let out a little smile at this family scenery.

"Ah right! Milim,I have some matters to tell you,let's go there first." Veldanava grabbed her hand and pointed at a little inn somewhere on the left at a little cliff.

"Why?! I want to play with Rimuru!"