O/N/E

A/N
28 march 2023-first chapter!!
                                                                                                Time and place you started this?
                                                                                                                             :)
My frozen fingers clung brutally to my gloves as the wind whipped through the trees, creaking and groaning like a faulty stair case. The snow adorned buildings made it significantly harder to make out most street signs. The never ending winter of England was a visible contrast to the rest of the world, but it brought a wave of serenity and belonging in the mist of it all.

I've seen multiple pictures and articles of my new highschool but none of them concisely captured what laid before me. The buildings looked as ancient and magnificent as the pictures, as they towering to the skies, hungrily, stopping only where the human eye had no visible eyesight. The darkened window panes were painfully expensive and a faint light reflection could be almost be seen from it. The schools name 'st alders' beautifully written in gold across the main oak entrance. The circular garden before the main entrance flourished with living and dead plants alike and in the centre of it all stood an old but steady overflowing fountain graciously complementing the landscape.

A gust of wind lighty brushed against my face and willfully brought me back to reality. As breath-taking as it was, I was running low on time. I strode along the gravel path silently with my suitcase in front of me and made my way into the main hall. portraits upon portraits of people I had not the sightest idea of decorated the walls on each side of me. The high ceilings formed an obscure but beautiful arch making everything and everyone lying in its wake look almost insignificant. I continued to look out for the admin office before I was abruptly interrupted by the deafening sound of the bell. High school. Students rushed out of their classrooms eager to leave their respective lessons in their too hard to miss gold lined crimson blazers and beige tailored pants and skirts to precision.

As I continued my search the students blatantly gawked at me, some out of pure curiosity, but most out of admiration and some cliques conversed amongst themselves not even bothering to be subtle about their conversation as I walked past them. Their stares, talks, praise, and whispers shamelessly fuelled my ego.

"Hey new kid." a voice from behind me caught my attention. I turned around and beheld the most earthly sight just yet. Her red hair, monolid cat like eyes were strikingly gorgeous along with her tall figure.

"We don't get much of that around here." She murmured before continuing, "come on I'll show you around." she fell in step with me before continuing, "my name's Zoren by the way, Zoren Satori." Now that i think about it she sounded more American that British. "you're Japanese?" I asked, she nodded and went on to tell me her mother was Japanese and her father American. "We stopped in front of a large antique admin office and at the desk sat an old lady, her hunched figure was a clear indication of her exhaustion, probably from the years of listening and seeing the despicable faces of teenagers.

"Romen Abarra?" she tiredly asked me under her huge coffee stained glasses.

"yes miss." Zoren roughly nudged my arm after I answered, the lady gave me my schedule, keys and ushered us out as quickly as we came in before I could explain to Zoren. She blocked my path, her eyes wide and hushed out,"Romen Abarra, as in Yemora Abarra and Demarcus Abarra?" her mouth opened in shock and surprise. "the one and only, my lady," i proceeded to bow, my family name never leaving me cause my mother was a well know business women who owned the largest gold mines in Africa and worldwide and my father a famous cooperate lawyer. "pleasure to meet your acquaintance" she returned the favour in a deep voice akin to mine and curtsied. We laughed amongst the fleeting students and fell back into step.

"I am a big fan of your mom." I made a silent note to tell my mom whenever I get the time to call her. "as am I, though I am a bigger fan of myself." I smirked and she shook her head in disbelief at my statement but a light chuckle left her lips.

She grabbed my keys from my hand and led me to my dorm. We passed a number of intense stares and murmurs which we paid no mind to. Either she's popular here or my face is truly a creation of its own. Probably the latter though I don't doubt the former. We entered the boys dormitory building but stopped at the entrance, "I would help you here, but us girls aren't allowed into the boys dorms." she rolled her eyes and continued," but at night the rules are slightly bent." She gestured with her fingers and a mischievous glint appeared in her gray eyes. "we can hang later if you want but if I don't get back to class now the teacher will have my head." she slowly backed away. "Maybe tomorrow but right now I gotta pack my things." I watched her hurriedly run across the yard in her platform heels after I said that.

I walked into the dormitory building, the antique features and the endless hallways gave the same atmosphere as the main school building. I walked up the flight of stairs to my dorm room 222. it was on the forth floor, the second highest floor in the building. the overbearing silence, something I was definitely not used to, kept me on my toes. I was always around people, never alone, be it partying, drinking, conversing, or anything. Being alone with my thoughts was not something I entirely welcomed. I  unlocked my door and peered through the little bit of opening. There were two empty single beds on opposite ends and a large landscape window on the left side gave room to an unmistakable beautiful snow-ridden view of the city, an oncoming sunset, and the deep eerie forest behind the school. I will definitely be checking that out sometime. I opened the door fully to get a proper view and found another door at the end of the room. I mentally thanked the universe for having a bathroom in here. It was mediocre; a shower, toilet and basin but will serve its purposes

It was three o'clock so there was only an hour left of classes, there was no point in going now. I settled in and hung all my clothes and shoes, mainly consisting of; leather pants, trench coats, turtle necks, blazers and too many grey sweatpants too count, a few comfortable hoodies and basic t-shirts.

I dress to impress, no shame. My now empty suitcases laid discarded in the corner along with my will to do anything. The sun slowly settled in as I lazily threw myself onto my bed on the right side so I could easily see the view from here.

Things have to be different this time. Or I will destroy myself.