T/H/R/E/E

I caught up with Zoren after the bell rung as she was walked back to her locker. I threw an arm around her and told her of my interesting encounter with her brother. she looked me up and down and smirked. "let me guess, he scowled at you, or most likely glared." i nodded at her, i was about to speak when someone else interrupted us.

"hey Zora," a short girl approached us. Her beige hijab complemented her olive brown skin tone and uniform. "Romen right? my fellow African!" she ecstatically threw an arm around me. I bent down to her small frame and returned the favor."I was beginning to think this school was flavorless." I feigned disappointment though I haven't really seen many African students here except for now. she released me from her embrace and said with a bright glowing smile, "my name's Zainab Arbi."

"I'm Romen Abarra as you already know. It looks like we're re the only people with culture here? what a shame." I mocked as she laughed at my remark and put her books away in the locker next to Zora's. "lets go, or we're gonna be late for lunch." Zoren spoke after hurriedly putting her books away.

The dining hall was huge to say the least. the décor fitting to the rest of the school. The high ceilings arched in a beautiful triangular shape and the dark oak wood rectangular tables spread out over the large expanse sat six per table. I spoke to Zainab as Zora lead the way. "which country do you come from?" I asked her. She adjusted her hijab before answering me, "Egypt, and no we don't live in pyramids before you ask." she rolled her eyes at that. I let out a chuckle and tugged her towards me. "and I don't live with lions, before you ask." she let out a hearty laugh at my retort. Although we laughed be both knew it was a common misconception made amongst most foreigners.

The hall was bustling with the chaotic energy of hormonal students. from year 8's to year 12's. We sat at the centre table and spoke casually before the Alystair walked over. He's lazy walk caught the eyes of many students, from the lower grades to the seniors. They looked at him with lust and want but he paid no mind to it. He sat as far away from all of us, including Zoren.

"Alystair you know if you carry on frowning like that, you're gonna get wrinkles." I scrunched my nose as Zora spoke with food in her mouth. "Zo you know if you carry on eating like that, you just might just choke, though I couldn't say that would be such a bad thing." he retorted, she rolled her eyes and pointed at me, "this is Romen, as I was telling you the other day." his blank eyes briefly landed on me before turning back to Zoren.

"I've always been disappointed in your inability to make adequate friends Zo." he dramatically expressed. Zainab responded before any of us could, "this is why you have no friends, one day that mouth of yours is going to bite you in the ass." we all noticeably burst into fits of laughter except for Alystair, his blank expression revealed nothing.

"you're quite judgmental, all that's been coming out of that pretty mouth is absolute bullshit." all they're heads snapped my way as I said that. Alystair's eyes lit up just for a second before quickly going back to slits. "the only thing I heard from that was pretty mouth, though I unfortunately can't say the same about yours." He sighed. I laughed loudly at that and other people heads inquisitively turned our way. "not all people have good taste. Its perfectly okay to admit that." I shrugged, Zainab and Zora intently watching our bickering along with others.

Our staring contest subsided when he nonchalantly kicked back his chair, put his hands in his pockets as always and left without saying another word. "he does that." Zora clarified my confusion. Zainab nodded along with her words and continued, "sometimes he'll just suddenly keep quiet or walk away for no reason at all, don't mind him." Ive always been a fan of puzzles. Solving things, people. Everyone has a tell and it was just a matter of time before i figured his out. Figuring people out was always my favourite thing to do, even if they got hurt in the process.

the last lesson of the day was English. quite frankly I love this subject. Everything about it just makes sense unlike all the others. it wasn't like any science subjects where the answers are already there, but more like history. it flows well, there is never one correct answer as much as it may seems so and there are just so many angles you can attack it from without the fear of it being incorrect. unfortunately, or rather fortunately I sat next to Alystair in this class. His aura seemed to always taint the positive energy in any room almost like black ink.

someone took the open seat next to me on my right, bringing me back to reality. There wasn't really much about her but she was really pretty. "its rude to stare you know?" she flirtingly said. "not to worry, I wasn't even remotely staring at you, just observing." she scoffed at what I said along with a faint chuckle coming from beside me. Alystair shook his head and chuckled under his breath and probably eavesdropping on our conversation. "There's a party tomorrow." Her breath fanned over my ear tips when she lent in and whispered. "I do love a good party." I smirked at her, which brought a smile to her lips. "Great I'll see you there hopefully." I winked at her and she turned back to her desk with a faint blush on her cheeks.

Cute.

As much as I loved English ,I didn't waste anytime leaving when the class ended. The halls swarmed with students which made it difficult to find Zoren or Zainab. "if you keep talking to girls like that, you might not get any." I smirked at those words, Alystair appearing next to me. "Thats false but either way how does it concern you?" I teasingly asked. He shrugged his shoulders before saying, "it doesn't but you certainly seem like the type to go after every creature with legs." He smugly said then walked away from me before i could get in a word.

A/n

Y'all finally met my baby Alystiar!
I honestly really adore him, the more i write about these two the more i just wanna jump in the screen and become them
Comment\\vote\\

:)