F-O-U-R-T-E-E-N

COMMENT BY YOUR FAV PART :)

He was determined.

The race consisted of 20 laps around the track and 20 cars. Right now Alystair is leading and Zora directly behind him. So far the only one who has been able to get past him was Zora. She's impressive. She got past Alystair before he reclaimed his spot as number 1 a few minutes later. They're on their last lap and everyone is giving it their all. Zora and Alystair are driving like actual maniacs. Zainab and Jessica, and I
Cheered for them the entire way without restraint and our voices were actually leaving us. I actually enjoyed Jessica's company, when she wasn't being flirty she was a nice person to hang around.

"Alystair satori coming in first place!" The announcer exclaimed over the microphone. "Right behind him Zora satori and dean Jacobs coming in 2nd and 3rd place!" The crowd roared and jumped out of their seat in excitement and Jessica, Zainab and I ran out to the front when the race was over. The guards barricaded the crowd from going to the drivers but he let us through when he saw who we were. Zainab and Jessica ran over to Zora and collided with her in a hug but my feet took me the other way.

He was just getting out of his car when i collided with him. I embraced him in a shattering hug without even thinking about it. "You were actually insane!" I said into the crook of his neck. He hesitantly brought his arms around me. I caught a glimpse of Zora, Zainab and Jessica in my peripheral view. Their mouths were slightly agape maybe cause Alystair didn't bark at me this time. "Thank you."
I pulled us apart and saw the most melting smile known to man, a smile the universe hides from the eyes of others. He smiled like a child with no care in the world, it was the most genuine expression I've ever seen from him. "You still want that kiss?"

He looked at me straight in the eyes, those eyes that are always glaring but for some reason not today.  "I'll cash on it next time." I raised an eyebrow smugly, "why, afraid they'll talk?" Getting a rise out of him was something I always looked forward to. The way his eyebrows would always furrow, the slits in his eyes would deepen and his frown would be as ever prominent. He clicked his tongue, "I don't like attention Romen." But the way he held my gaze didn't disagree to my offer, he was shitting with me big time. I turned around, avoiding his intense gaze and found the crowd staring our way, intently.

"Give me your phone real quick." I urged him with an outstretched hand, he looked at me funny but didn't question it. I put in my number and smirked mischievously as i saved my name on his phone. I couldn't believe he didn't have a password. He took his phone back and edited the name i put in. I couldn't see what he put in, not even the blank expression he had revealed anything. He called my phone so I knew his number and I went ahead to save it.

I walked over to Zoren and the others 2 cars away from us. "I knew you'd be good but damn Zora." She smiled cockily and we all laughed at her. "Yeah but my dumbass brother beat me." She huffed out still laughing. I looked back at alystair and saw him getting in his car shamelessly avoiding everyone. "Both of you are good honestly but that time you overtook him was everything!" I exclaimed. She winked at me and told us about how hard it was to maintain her position when she overtook Alystair.

He didn't lie.

There was a party underground of the race track. Zora said she convinced her mom to build an underground club. Who is their mother?
Jessica hung out with us the entire time and we all enjoyed her company. I stared at my drink intently remembering the last time i drank. I swirled it again, again and again. There wasn't anything in it except for whiskey but for the life of mine I couldn't even take a sip. I left the party of horny teens and older people I didn't recognize.

The air hit my face beautifully, almost like i had never breathed fresh air. The blaring music could be heard from all the way up here. The school was empty at this time, 10pm, except for my footsteps. I had no way of getting back right now so i called the first number i saw.

"What?" His raspy voice broke through the serenity i found in the night.
"Pick me up" i demanded. "No" he didn't even hesitate to answer me. I chuckled because it was so him. "Should i walk in this cold and get sick Alystair or should i drink my ass off?"
"You didn't drink?" He questioned so surprised. "I'm not an alcoholic you know." A lie I told myself because I was nearing there. "I'll give you that kiss you so desire with your whole heart." I mocked him and the line went silent. He shuffled around then came back to the line, "I'm only coming because if you get sick you're gonna start blaming me." He answered defensively. "I know, you wouldn't actually kiss me Alyss we're just friends." There was a silence I couldn't quite grasp. "I'm coming" he hung up abruptly.

I Walked the track, I could hear him from a mile away. I stopped in the middle of the track as he sped to me, I didn't move. I didn't want to. And neither did Alystair. He sped up and stopped right where my knees were without slowing down. I couldn't see him but i knew he could see me. We both stayed in our places. Neither of us moved. What sort of challenge did he pose? I relished in a good challenge but I couldn't understand this one. The rules of the game didn't make sense.

I walked to the passenger seat and got into his blacked out McLaren. "Do you have a death wish?" His voice skated on the edge of malice. "I knew you wouldn't hit me" he drew back at my response, i finally got looked at him and he looked so tired. The tired no one speaks about. His hair completely covered his eyes and his jaw clenched in a way I've never seen him do. He drove without a word, his eyes wouldn't meet mine and I couldn't figure out why. He has no reason to be angry with me whatsoever. Whatever. We finally reached the school underground parking and made for our dorms.

"What's got you so pissed off?" My voice clipped unintentionally. "Nothing" he was angry, i could hear it in his tone. He walked away to his room without even looking back. Was it cause i woke him up? I stood there for what felt like second and walked towards my room but instead i stopped at the flight of stairs to Alystair's room and made my way there. I was annoyed. Annoyed that something as mere as waking him up angered him. Grow up. I banged against his door. He opened without a second to spare and glared at me, almost as if he knew it was me. I could still see that glare even though his hair covered his eyes.

"Grow the fuck up Alystair and stop being a little baby just because i woke you up" he scoffed at me. "You seriously think that's what this is about?" His eyebrows rose in response. "Bye Romen." He went to close the door and I acted without thinking. I grabbed his face gently, moved his hair out of his eyes and kissed his forehead. He froze and let go of the door. His eyes widened in response. "Don't do that Romen."

"Why?" He wrestled with himself, he looked conflicted as my hands still laid on his face. "Because I'm not your toy." He looked so defeated. Something i never thought I'd hear from him. I visibly recoiled in offense and scoffed, "no you aren't my toy and i have never treated you like one ever before. I will never do so Alystiar, it actually hurts that that's how you see our friendship." I turned around ready to leave when he grabbed me and turned me around.

He leaned his entire body into the crook of my neck, his shoulders sagged along with his body in utter defeat. Why is he acting this way. "You have no fucking idea of the power you hold." He whispered into the night. Only I could hear him, i shut the door gently behind me because I didn't want anyone to see him this way. I don't even know which way this is. "You walk around holding this power at the tips of your fingers."

"What are you talking about, power over people?" Every syllable he uttered confused me. He leaned away from me and looked out the window as he said, "yeah you could say that" I'll never understand what he means so i closed the distance between us and hugged him gently, he looked so sad so i thought he needed it. I turned around because i didn't want to see the hurt in his eyes. It dropped my pulse to a level it should never reach. Just as i left the room Alystair called at me softly.

"Please don't abuse it Romen."

A/N

I enjoyed writing this chapter so much! It didn't even feel like i was writing omg i was so entranced.

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT IT REALLY HELPS :)

I might start publishing longer chapters, tell me what you think, longer or short??