F-I-F-T-E-E-N

The teacher handed out our assignments on Friday. She walked past my desk like i was the plague and left my paper for last. Everyone got their papers back except for me so i was very confused. She took of her bulky glasses and exhaled, "the only person to ever get full marks for this assignment is Romen Abarra." She came to me and gave me my paper as I returned her surprised face with a mocking glare. The class applauded for me but most of them looked surprised. I know I play around but did these people seriously expect me to fail?? because my mom didn't agree to let me come to this school for me to blow her money.

"Well done on your marks." Zainab congratulated me at my locker. Her arms were loaded with thick textbooks that visibly weighed her down. I took them from her as she exhaled a breath of relief. "How do you know?" I asked her. "There's a leaderboard for the top three in every subject in the hall." Where the hideous portraits are? "I honestly didn't expect that from you considering you do look like a f-boy." She mocked me. "Just cause I fuck around doesn't mean I'm gonna fail all of my subjects." She nodded, "statistically speaking nearly all f boy fail school." She's not wrong though because nearly everyone back at home like me failed nearly all their classes but unlike them my mom would beat my ass.

I changed in the locker room for soccer after school and joined the others while we warmed up by running around the field. I hated it but I was the one in front while they were all behind me. Joshua made a sad attempt at catching up to me that I nearly rolled over and laughed. Practice was practice and the occasional mockery between Alystair and I.

"This weekend we have a tournament at a high school and we're staying there for the weekend at a hotel so make sure you pack your kits and other casual wear. We're going with the rest of the school as a trip but we'll be playing a match there as well." Coach banged his clip board to emphasise his words. "And boys," he side eyed us, "no drinking."

It was Friday at 5am, the day all of us seniors, juniors and the soccer team are leaving for the tournament. One duffel bag was enough for this trip but this weather was unruly and unpredictable. I wore maroon sweatpants, a hoodie and a puffer jacket and paired it with my white ear muffs and matching white beanie this time. The buses leave at 5:30 and we're driving for 4 hours, I'm already dreading it. I left my dorm and followed the trial of guys leaving the building sluggishly.

Zoren and Zainab were leaning against one of the buses talking ecstatically amongst themselves with large coffees in their hands. No wonder. "How are you guys that excited for this?" I rubbed my eyes from lack the of sleep that was probably catching up to me. "Listen Romen," she turned around and held her coffee in the air like it was a trophy, "I've been looking forward to this trip ever since i came hear."
"Want some, you look dead." Zainab offered. I laughed at her, "so that's what gets your lazy asses through the day?" Her mouth flew open. The teachers told us to board the buses and Zainab and Zora sat next to each other and I sat on the left side with an empty seat. Everyone was seated when the bus was about to board and a teacher stopped the driver to wait for a few other students.

Alystair was the first to show up. He wore transparent glasses and a full black tracksuit for a change. His hair which was tied up in a bun gave view to his grey unparalleled glaring eyes. He scanned the rows until he saw Zora and Zainab and then finally me and He pulled a lazy smirk. He sat in the seat next to me and plopped his head against the seat. "You wear glasses or are those just for show?" He removed them and gave them to me to see. "I usually wear contacts but I didn't have time." He explained in a deep voice, side effects of waking up so early. "You should wear them, you look really good in them." He turned his head to the side and smirked. "Oh really?" He really is infuriating. "I even heard some people at the back saying how good you look." I whispered. "I don't care for their opinions." He sighted and I tsked. "It's a shame cause you really could have anyone you want." He looked at me lazily, "I don't want any of them." I turned around and found Zora and Zainab listening intently on our conversation. I chuckled when they recoiled back sheepishly. "Did you bring your kit?" Zora asked Alystair. He glared at her then said, "yes, just cause i forgot it one time doesn't mean I'm going to leave it again." She didn't look convinced. "I don't care and you always forget things either ways so i brought extra things just in case your dumbass forgets." Alystair's lips quirked up slightly.

"Wine gums?" Zainab pulled out her hand to Alystair and he dug out of his bag for the sweets. I looked at the exchange between them slightly confused when she received the sweets in content. "He always brings wine gums cause he knows i like them." She explained. Alystair's head turned around as fast as lighting. "No I don't." She smiled then said while laughing, "keep telling yourself that but in the end I'm the one eating them." He put his head back against his seat and closed his eyes. His glasses hung against his prominent nose bridge. I followed suit and slowly slept against the window.

I opened my eyes slowly when I heard the annoying clicking of a phone. Zora stood over Alystair and I with a guilty look plastered over her face. The confusion left my thoughts when i saw how compromising our position was. Alystair laid his head in the crook of my head whilst mine was against the seat. He was still asleep. I muttered a ' send that too me' and received a thumbs up from Zora. I'm so going to hold that over him till he begs me to delete it. I gently pushed his head off of me and laid it against the seat just so he would be mortified when i showed him the picture that ruined his image. He's the mysterious guy everyone wants but no one can have, so him looking so innocent and sleeping on me would definitely cause a reaction.

A few minutes later the bus came to a halt at our destination at around 9 am. The weather was a contrast to England. Where we had to wear heavy clothing back at school here the heat already penetrated my puffer jacket. I shrugged it off and remained with my beige hoodie. We got off the bus and walked to the hotel in the distance. It almost looked like a skyscraper. It reminds me of summer at the beach with friends and not giving any fuck what the next day would hold. Just living in the moment and enjoying yourselves.

"It's two people per room and your roommate is going to be the same gender." Everyone groaned when coach said that. I caught a pretty brunette staring at me so I winked her way. She looked like a tourist who was way above my age. "Alystair and Romen." Coach interrupted me from my thoughts. I think he was assigning the roommates. I glanced at Alystair and he didn't give any indication he didn't want to room with me, just that same old blank stare. . Zainab and Zora also roomed together but walked to their room with Jessica talking amongst themselves ecstatically.

Our room was on of the highest floors and gave view to a beach in the distance and many shops surrounding it. Problem is there was only one bed.

A/N

I'm finally back mwahh!! I've had this chapter in my drafts for over 2 weeks now but i kept on rewriting the next part ;) thank you all for the votes and reads!

I absolutely love reading your comments they honestly make my entire day thank you again!