F/O/U/R

Zora and I met up a the gym everyday without failure and always somehow managed to fit in the bakery into our schedule. today we both ordered our usual, coffee and a sandwich. "so how are you liking it here so far?" she asked me while she devoured her food. "its...nice I guess. The students aren't too bad, well some, but why the fuck is it always cold?" I bitterly asked. she raised an eyebrow at that. "your brother." I said, just that should explain it to her. she laughed and then replied with, "he said you're a menace." I chocked on my coffee and wiped my mouth with my sleeve. "I haven't even done anything to him." I argued and she lifted her arms up in surrender, "don't shoot the messenger, anyways wanna go together to the party tonight." she wiggled her eyebrows. "Come on, its Romen you're speaking to. Of course I'm gonna go." I raised my shoulders to carry out my point.

She squealed and excitingly said,"its at one of the students houses, you can just come to my dorm and you, Zainab and I will go together from there." I nodded and we quickly finished off the remainder of our food talking here and there and headed back to school.

I was heading for my first class, English when i easily spotted Alystair's lazy walk and hands in pocket. he easily stood out, either than his looks it was his nonchalant and laid back attitude towards everything around him. Most looked at him with envy, lust even, but it was like he didn't care. At all.

I threw an arm around him. "Zora told me what you said," I looked at him for any type of reaction but was met with one of disinterest, "you know Alystair I really did think we were getting along, i even managed to get you to exchange a few words." his expression morphed into one of annoyance. "you flatter yourself, did they drop your head at birth?" he blandly asked me. "you wound me." I placed a hand over my heart.

"anyways are you going to the party today?" I switched to walking in front of him to properly see him. "Iwon't even consider that, they'll be sweaty teenagers who don't know how to spend their time and how can we forget about the horny ones who haven't the slightest bit of keeping it in their pants." he concluded his speech with a loud sigh. "why don't you come, then you can see from there. maybe we'll even hang out." I tried persuading him."in what sane world would I even consider such?" He mocked my brilliant suggestion.

Before I could reply he swiftly brought his arms to my waist and guided me into our English class. I smirked at him and his ever existing scowl appeared. "you were going to crash into Jessica, and that would require of a conversation and as I remember she's who hit on you the other day and if you haven't already noticed I avoid any form of interaction with people." I laughed at his feeble attempt at saving himself. he let go of my waist after his ramble and we walked over to our tables.

"You're keeping tabs on me now?" i teased him. "you're really not worth my oxygen." he sighted. ouch. Jessica who sat in front of us, turned around, blocked my view of the noisy class and whispered, "you're still going tonight?" her lips quirked up at her question. she stretched her arm out to me and slightly brushed her hand against mine. I retracted my hand and put it around Alystair, "yeah, right alystair?" I nudged him on his side Alystair. A look of shock crossed her face, "he doesn't go to parties, like ever. We've all tried asking him more than once actually."

"And here i thought you had no brain cells Jessica," he smugly smirked at her, she faltered a bit but regained her composure before alystair continued, "you surprise me. Keep up the good work and maybe you'll have the ability to overcome your mediocrity." gasps from the classroom caught my attention. Everyone's attention was solely on us now while the teacher wrote on the board. "I'm going out with my friends," she pointed to them as they intently watched our interaction and she turned her attention away from alystair to me, "you should come Romen, we'd be glad to have you." A soft smile appeared at her lips. She briefly stole a glance at alystair and it was then i saw it, a crack in her facade. She was hurt by his brutal words and all Alystair did was smile mockingly.

"you're insufferable you know that," i told him. He yawned and removed my arm from his shoulder. "noted." He turned around and laid his arms on his desk in attempt to sleep. The lesson ended quicker than expected and the students got up to leave. Before i met up with Zora and Zainab at our lockers i caught up with Alystair and said from behind him, my breath fanning across his ear. "see you tonight Alyss." he's frowned at that and opened his mouth to speak but I fled before he could say anything.

a little party never killed anyone.